• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G2 vs G4 same results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pizza Face

Registered
ok i finally upgraded from G2 ti 450 gainward gold sample to a verto G4 ti 4200 and, well, they are exactly the same performance wise - actually the G2 seems to perform a bit better. is that right? is there really that little difference between the 2 not to see a significant change (frames,performance,etc.)?
could it be that im bound by cpu and ram? (P4 1.5 , 384MB sdram)

so is this common or am i not doing something right?

feedback plz :)

funnyperson1

do a reformat, a hardware change always benefits from that....also your limited by SDRAM....see if you can get a DDR/RDRAM mobo...unless of course its a socker 423 P4 in which case i suggest you sell it and get a new cpu/mobo

Lt. Max

sdram on a p4 will hold u back a looooot.. my cousin has a 1.5 wit 256 sdram and mx200 and he gets 1700 in 3dmark2001.. i had a p3 866 wit 512 sdram and mx400 i got 2700.. big diff.. not so big diff in vid card

OP
P

Pizza Face

Registered
ok so lets say i upgrade to a P4 2.(whatever) and DDR, and i test both cards - i will see difference? but not on this hunk of crap i have now? on this rig i scored evenly 6400 range both cards 3dmark. but in another rig - it would be drastically different?

sorry - im just curious

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
If the rest of the system isnt holding you back that card should break 10,000. Maybe more with a bit of an overclock.

funnyperson1

wyrm master is right.....if you get a P4 2.0a with 333 ddr or an Athlon 2000+ with DDr and oc both, then you should get past 10-11k in your 3dmarks.....

if you just get a DDR mobo for your current proc (only if its 478, dont waste money on a 423 board) you could probably get around 8000

Last edited: