• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g300 release date?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Nothing specific, rumors are "end of Q1 2010" so March maybe? GF100 (Fermi) is supposedly in mass production now, so they're getting ready...

Bobnova

lol. No.

If nvidia is lucky, they can get it out in vaguely decent numbers by the end of march. Personally i expect a march paper launch much like the 58xx launch, except in lower numbers.

OP
duckycrayfish

duckycrayfish

i just heard that the g300 series is gana be mainly for profetional use, and that it wont be very good for personal use. does anyone else know about this? plz correct me if thats rong.

Prime

That is as wrong as your spelling

jk jk

But i plan on sinking money into the new "285"

Firey_chasm

i just heard that the g300 series is gana be mainly for profetional use, and that it wont be very good for personal use. does anyone else know about this? plz correct me if thats rong.

I think you are confusing this with their tesla cards - these are being used to supposedly build personal 'super computers'

the Fermi 100 (or 300 series or whatever you wish to call it) will be the replacement for NVIDIA's current 200 series cards (260 etc..)

as for release date its all vague atm, NVIDIA have said late Q1, which could well mean a slip to Q2 - probs end of Q2 before you can actually get your hands on a card due to supply issues

DragoXT

Personally i think that Nvidia will have these cards out early to mid february. Really, they had some issues originally with yields, and that pushed them back. Nvidia really hates to be late, so im betting that they say end of Q1 and then get it out sooner to make their investors happy.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Personally i think that Nvidia will have these cards out early to mid february. Really, they had some issues originally with yields, and that pushed them back. Nvidia really hates to be late, so im betting that they say end of Q1 and then get it out sooner to make their investors happy.
Thats some 'glass half full thinking'.

But yeah, end of 1Q so March.

Lavacon

I'm not holding my breath. Even if they do launch in Q1, you won't be buying one from the Egg until Q2. I'd bet my spleen on it.

I'm betting late Feb./March also, I've been hearing end of Q1 2010 for a while so hopefully at this point they actually mean it. Kind of interested in the Tesla cards myself.

BobbyBubblehead

I had to look at what the tesla cards were then... had visions of Gigawatt PSU`s and big arcs of electric through the air why your gaming #Laughs#

well ive got uninformed and stupid coverd anyhow.

Shiggity

May/June is my guess

Early summer seems like the right time.

I also expect shortages to continue for a while. (40nm yield etc)

OP
duckycrayfish

duckycrayfish

thats cool haha i was gana wait till around june anyways :). but is it gana be really expencive like the newest i7's? who here would buy a $1,000 processor? :p

nightelph

Alienware has a gaming netbook (don't laugh, its on their site) supposedly coming out early Feb. Thing is its supposed to have a mobile GT300 chipset. :)

Bobnova

Pretty sure the mobile gt300 is a mobile gt200 with a new and snazzier name.

Bobnova

Looks like it's a gt200m with dx11, to be more accurate. That implies at least a slight change to the cores.
It has little to nothing to do with the gtX300's though.