• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7N400 Pro 2 (rev 1) Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClarkKent

Ok so the temp probe is closer to the die? So we are getting higher temp readings? Is this an inaccurate reading or a more accurate reading? If these are inaccurate than is there any way to pick a different diode in MBM5 to get a more accurate temp reading?

DaMobster

In MBM5 there is a way to tell it which board you are using so it will take care of the temps for you... Rev1 and Rev2, I believe the temps are pretty accurate... When it is closer to the die it is a more accurate reading although they bump up the temps than what they really are just to play it safe... I believe MBM5 doesn't bump up the temps as much as giga-byte so they are more accurate...

OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

But if MBM5 is using the same probe as your motherboard to report temps, and that probe is closer, will the temp readings not be higher and the same?

DaMobster

MBM5 takes the temps that your motherboard gives it and based on your model and Revision it changes them to a more accurate temp to what it mostly likely is since companies usually make it report higher temps than it actually is....

Guderian

this board reads the temp from a sensor in the die (chip) so its not just closer... its inside.

mbm doesnt adjust this info unless you tell it to. the temp reading is supplied by the mobo, and just reported via mbm.

whether or not its accurate is the question.

btw - mbm5 reads the some voltages wrong for this board.

OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

So what do I rely on for my voltages? All my bios says is 'OK' next to all of them. Is the CPU-Z Vcore accurate? So I guess I'm looking for proper voltage readings.

DaMobster

Yeah it's the same for me... I guess the only real way to find out is to just buy a cheap multimeter at radioshack, and find out the true voltages that way... That's what I plan on doing today since I can adjust mine.

BRIMCV

Yeh see this ~1.7 i have this as well cant they get a bios fix gigabyte for this must be able to my m8s 7N400PRO has the ability to change within the bios by small amounts but thats PCB is 6 layer PRO2 is 4 layer cheaper to make.

OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Thanks for the link. I'm pretty sure it on my CD where ever that is. So thanks for the link. I heard that it's dangerous to overclock while in Windows due to the fact that you don't actually know if it will back into Windows again. So people end up go to far right away. Do you use Easy Tune 4 and wwould you recomend it over bios overclocking?

DaMobster

ewwww I would never use easy tune 4 for over-clocking or raising and voltages, and checking temps since it just gives the same ones as you see in the bios... The only thing I would recommend easy tune 4 for is if you want to put the v-core back to 1.65 since it automatically puts it at 1.70... other than that, never use easy tune 4...

OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Oh wow are you saying that with Easy Tune I would be able to my voltage back down to 1.65V? That would be awesome. I'm currently experiencing some serious heat issues.

DaMobster

Yeah I heard that the only way to get the Vcore down to 1.65 is through easy tune... Haven't tried it myself personally, and don't know how stable it would be, but I guess it would be worth a shot since you have an heat problem...

OP
ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Well I got Easy Tune up and running but I think I'm stuck in easy mode or whatever cause I can't change a thing. And the place where it says the button should be to switch to advanced mode is no where to be found, it's just grey.

BRIMCV

I cant change the CPU voltage in easy tune :( only Dram and AGP i can i wouldnt overclock with easy tune, ever since i started OC always been advised to overclock through the BIOS.

Last edited: