• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7VAX - VAXP Bios, I have SCSI and I want it REMOVED!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingaaar

GA-7VAX - VAX Bios, I have SCSI and I want it REMOVED!!!

Hi All,

i have just purchased this board and for 68 UK pounds I dont think its a bad deal compared to my last board which was a K7s5A (or whatever).

I did like that board as with a resistor mod it could push my athlon 1800 to 1.8Ghz.

i have seen beyond that with this board but my chip gerts a little hot so I have left it stock at the moment.

My gripe is the lack of a scsi setting in the bios, stopping my scsi drives from working, the VAXP has scsi but the VAX (the one I have) doesnt.

Anyway, tried to just update the bios, it says its write protected.

Searched all over the web and in my settings but I can find no jumper on my board to allow me to erase the bios and load up a new one (preferably from its bigger brother the VAXP)

Someone please help me make this board perform better than my K7S5A or ill go out tomorrow and buy Amiga.

Cheers,

Ging:(

Last edited:

hduong

I had the same problem with my 7vax. I had to manually update through dos using a boot up disk.