• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-7vaxp Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkaGoatMaster

The CPU was overheating so I took the HSF off, cleaned it up, put some compound on it, and reseated the HSF, not it refuses to post. it makes no beeps, and it just sits there. I know the CPU is OK, because I tested it with a 2nd CPU and HSF, that I know are good (I'm typing on them right now). I just wondered what u guys thought it might be!

SkaGoatMaster
Looks like no one else is going to give it a try so here goes. First thing I would try, and you probably have done so, is to make sure that all of the cables, cards DDR etc are seated properly. Then make sure that you have put the HSF on the right way round(dont get annoyed with me suggesting this, just covering all bases) Then clear the CMOS and try again. If you still dont have any joy try swapping PSU with your other system and if possible try swapping all other components. If after all that you dont have any joy it looks like RMA time.
Hood

clear the bios with the jumper and or try booting to the other bios and see what happens. did you test the power supply?

what hsf are u using . if oem clean off ihe pink goo that comes on the bottom of it . take your time & make sureits clean.then apply thermal paste .then try posting . if still no post. remove board from case & try to boot on a piece of cardboard.only install video card when you do this.jump the correct pwr switch connectors on the board w\ small screw driver . hope this helps.

I actually had trouble with my 7VAXP too. I think you might just have a defective board. I had mine not posting for a while, and then for some reason, when I hit the reset case button, it started working. Then, I switched out the cables on my hard drive to put in some high performance ones, and it stopped posting again. I KNOW I had everything on perfectly, so I took it back to fry's after noticing that the power LED wouldn't wor, which ever way I put the lead in, and the power button didn't work either.

Turns out they gave me a busted board. So I got a new one and it worked like a charm from the 1st boot.

I really just think you need to RMA that board and get anbother one, unless you can think of something you're doing wrong. Also, before you do anything, MAKE SURE that the fsb ON THE MOTHERBOARD is set to 133 (I think that's having both levers 1 & 2 set to off). I think I might have switched mine to 166 on accident, which may have been part of the reason it wouldn't post the second time.

Hope that helps some.

Back