• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ga-7vrxp temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ib69nu

does the ga-7vrxp read from an in-socket thermisistor, or an on-chip diode. because if it is the on-chip then my temps might seem normal (48load at stock speed on an 1800+) and i also didnt see a thermisistor in the socket. does anybody have any links to help me or just knowledge would be great
thanks

cwb27

If it's v2.0 (like mine) it's the on die diode, if it's anything prior it's in socket. Your temps seems little high though for stock speed. I have a 2000 with a V7+ and I idle at 34C

kneedragger124

Registered
revision 2.0 reads from the on chip diode ; revisions 1 and 1.1 have a thermistor under the cpu . That's why the 2.0 supports temperature shutdown protection in the bios and the others don't.

I see alot of different readings on different boards like these ; I wouldn't trust too much those temps. they are only good for your own reference , not for the accuracy of the displayed values...

kwoon

i have the rev 2.0 and say my tbird at 50 c
but i already running for three months and its still ok maybe the rev 2.0 has the wrong detection of the temperature

masitti

kwoon said:
i have the rev 2.0 and say my tbird at 50 c
but i already running for three months and its still ok maybe the rev 2.0 has the wrong detection of the temperature

Tbird doesn't read from diode, so that is probably why.