• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7ZMMC S3 Savage ProSavage Win98SE MESS UP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

primal51

Registered
Hey guys,
listen, i'm on my friend pc and we're having a big problem... the video is screwed beyond belief... all i can get out of it is 16 colors... yuck... ok, here is the deal, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-7ZMMC F5 and the graphics chip is the S3 Graphics Inc. ProSavage i've tryied to update the drivers... I've tryied to update windows... i've removed the drivers... but still nothing is working, everytime i reinstall win98se it goes to 16 colors, but i have the menu for 256 and high bit 16, but once i select them the system asks for reboot and is back to 16 or i get a black screen and no signal to the monitor... i'm stumpted, any idea???

BUMP April 4

Last edited:
Moving to Video and sound cards. It should get better play there. Make sure that your monitor supports the refresh rate that you have chosen as well as the resolution and color depth. I would set everything to 60Hz until I was sure that the monitor supported higher refresh rates, then increase to 70 or 72Hz.

Did you reboot into safe mode and then go to device manager and make sure to remove any and all video Card images? Also uninstall any Video Card related Drivers / Software under the Add Remove Software while still in safe mode.

Once done there go to the INF directory and check out any OEM*.inf files (double click them to open them in word pad or note pad) and see if there are any related to any of your previously installed video cards (be sure to check if there is an other directory in the INF directory too). If there are any, delete them and once you are done then reboot in to normal mode. When it asks for the Video driver as it boots up make sure you have the latest driver downloaded and ready to go.

I hope this helps.

Back