• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-8knxp [email protected]#$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naddie

Two thumbs up to this mobo! I am now getting 229 MHz on the memory (COrsair XMS), 3.4 GHz (15x 229). The CPU is still at stock core voltage, and the memory is overvolted by 0.3v.

Air cooled using the stock HSF that came with the Intel retail packaging. The stock CPU is a 3.0 GHz HT.

Ran memtest86, Prime95, and SiSoft Burn-in without any problems. Idles at 37*C, and under presure at 58*C according to EasyTune.

It's impressive to me (coming from a Barton). Is this typical?

arklab

Hmmmm...
I just gave this mobo a run this weekend, and I'm NOT too happy with how it handled the Corsair TWINX DDR500 Pro (2x512) I used in it.
Not a total failure, the CPU is a 2.4G SL6Z3 M0.
Using custom timings I got the chip to run at 3.5G (but not stable - stock Intel cooling). (FSB = 388, memory at 1.33 for 388MHz)
Still it ran only 35C at idle (and sometimes only 33C) :D

So why am I crabby? :temper:

It WON"T run the XMS at its rated speed!

That would be FSB = 250, memory at 2.00 (1:1) for 500MHz, and this with a full .3v added!

A real shame, as it is FAR and away the best set-up (features) mobo at any price!
So much so that I'm still really fighting with myself over what to do. :argue:

It turns out the Corsair 'Ram Guy" forum has this posted (with other XMS ram) as a known problem.

Oh, and this is a rev.2 board with the latese BIOS flashed.

spclwpns

Looks good naddie, most I can get outta this one is about 221. Your 'under pressure' temp is a little high, should be around 50-53c.... S'pose long as it's under 60c, I'd be happy ;);)

What kind of a 'known problem' does this thing have ? Is it just with Corsair ?

OP
N

naddie

Thanks, spclwpns.

As for the RAM, try relaxing the timing. I haven't touched my timing yet, since I didn't even know about the CTRL-F1 dealy.

My CPU seems like it can take more. My memory is the one that is sputtering out at 230 MHz (229 is all good!). I should try making my divider a 1.33 and see if I can clock the CPU higher.

I rather have my mem and FSB nice and synced, though.

spclwpns

You know,,,, I hate to tell you this, but I just bought some new RAM. 2x512 OCZ 3700 Gold rev.2.
I can already o/c to 230fsb (on far less voltage) and that's my first start-up (hehehe).
Seems this board didn't like my previous offerings of 2x512 Corsair XMS3500c2 & XMS4000pro. It's (the mobo) eating up this OCZ, seems Corsair needs to do more testing on Abit boards ;);)

wingman99

naddie said:
Two thumbs up to this mobo! I am now getting 229 MHz on the memory (COrsair XMS), 3.4 GHz (15x 229). The CPU is still at stock core voltage, and the memory is overvolted by 0.3v.

Air cooled using the stock HSF that came with the Intel retail packaging. The stock CPU is a 3.0 GHz HT.

Ran memtest86, Prime95, and SiSoft Burn-in without any problems. Idles at 37*C, and under presure at 58*C according to EasyTune.

It's impressive to me (coming from a Barton). Is this typical?

what is the high setting for dim volts on your board.