• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-990fxa-ud3 and phenom ii x4 965 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I got a great deal on a 8320 and a h50 cooler, so I'll be fiddling around with that later this week. Thanks for all the help previously. Will I need to reinstall my OS since it's a different architecture?

Should be just plug and play. Clear the CMOS before you install the new CPU and when Windows boots the first time it'll install the appropriate drivers for the FX CPU and require a restart. After that you should be good to go.

I hope you don't have plans to overclock the FX-8320 on the H50 cooler.

@ 4.2 now with the H50 with a max temp of 56C 1.416 Vcore. When i tried to get to 4.4, I was above 1.5 and still wasn't even close to stable. So, 4.2 for now i guess.

Last edited:
Thats really good for a H50... Are you sure all the cores are OC'd? Im only asking because my phenom II had an issue where only the first core OC'd

Thats really good for a H50... Are you sure all the cores are OC'd? Im only asking because my phenom II had an issue where only the first core OC'd

Oh don't even bother with that I think something like the Evo even can do that or alittle better probably, none of it enough though you need bigger Air and a likewise bigger Rad.

Minimum 2 hours prime. Not a 24/7 pc, so i'm not going to run it for 24 hours straight to consider it stable. I game for maybe 2 hours at max at a time.

Minimum 2 hours prime. Not a 24/7 pc, so i'm not going to run it for 24 hours straight to consider it stable. I game for maybe 2 hours at max at a time.
I've found for myself, 2 hours prime is plenty. If I can pass that I will normally not have any issues. 24 hours is total overkill!

Back