• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA- EP35C-DS3R Major Stability Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerXLT8

I've been OCing for 4-5 years now and never encountered a MB that is so picky.

It's a hybrid DDR2\DDR3 board. Seems when run with DDR3 the board is extremely picky. What I need to know is if anyone else has this board and is experiencing stability problems. I have messed around with setting the MCH and FSB voltages to +1. DDR3 voltage for these sticks is 1.8v but it seems they need 1.9 on this board to run somewhat stable. I'm currently running a quad core Xeon 3210, but I have an E8400 aswell. Either CPU, the same stuff still happens. I already RMA'd the board and they sent me a brand new one.

In the back of my mind sometimes I think maybe a memory module is bad but I never ran they out of spec.

I really think the problem lies in the FSB\northbridge. Since this board supports 1333FSB CPU\1333 DDR3 do you think it's even necessary to raise the fSB\MCH voltage? Any input would be great.

Back