• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EX58-UD5 Temperature alarm.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remeniz

Registered
The motherboard has a temperature alarm. You set the threshold, in my case 70'C, and when the CPU reached this temperature the motherboard will sound an alarm.

Now when I have run Prime95 with Real Temp 3.00 the readings go above 70'C but no alarm. In fact one time it did sound was when the temps hit 90'C or above on Real Temp. Anything below 90'C and the alarm won't sound. Also note that the on-board CPU and Northbridge temperature L.E.D.'s have never reached red only green occasionally.

So is the motherboard incorrect then? Whats the deal with these conflicting readings?

Last edited:
What temps are you looking at in RealTemp? Core temps are higher than what the BIOS reads (CPU temp), and are typically higher. Also, these temp probes are not dead accurate.

I think the readings in Real Temp are in-accurate too.

I've got my rig over-clocked and stable in all the Prime 95 tests and the highest reading in Core Temp is 86'C! With a lapped TRUE and a Sharkoon 2000 at full RPM.

I just can't fully believe the readings from the digital probes on the cores.

Back