• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA Z170-HD3 Some of the overclocking settings will not allow ajustment in Bios.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

My new GA Z170-HD3 Will not allow me to set the CPU clock ratio manually in Bios, I can use the presets in Bios and it works fine, I have it overclocked to 4.5GHz. It has the latest F6 bios. Does anyone have the same problem with Gigabyte?
i5 6600k.

Screenshots of the BIOS would be helpful... (f12 in bios, save to usb, host here at the site)

This also isn't a Gigabyte issue.

Typically you have to change the setting to manual or something so you can adjust the multiplier within the MIT section.

Have you read this: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...gigabyte-z170-hd3-review-ddr3-skylake-13.html

It doesn't say HOW to overclock, but clearly it can manually.

EDIT: Please update your signature with your new hardware. ;)

Last edited:
Yep, I said that above too. :)

See above it where it says CPU upgrade...if you get that off auto, does it make the CPU Clock Ratio editable?

EDIT: In that Tom's article, the second set of BIOS pictures, the second picture in there shows the screen where you change it. Navigate to there.
bios.jpg

I already tried both screens and in toms review I can see it has changed, it is 4.0GHz and I don't even have that option.

160623233724.jpg

Advanced CPU Core Settings_[23-39-23].jpg

160623232215.jpg

Last edited:
I don't need to set my turbo ratio that is bypassed when you overclock a k series.

I still can't set my cpu multiplier.

On some boards you can set it individually and some boards that is how its done. Try setting the turbo boost to manual and setting those values. ;)

Maybe reach out to Giga and see what they say if that doesn't work.

I don't need to set my turbo ratio that is bypassed when you overclock a k series.

I still can't set my cpu multiplier.

Instead of saying "I don't need to" go try it and see if it works.
I'm asking you to do it for a reason.

I Can't set the turbo ratios like my old Z68A-D3-B3 I did set it to manual mad no difference still can't access the CPU multiplier. Thanks for trying to help, I contacted Gigabyte yesterday waiting for a reply.

Is your BIOS up to date?
Tried setting XMP settings manually instead of enabling XMP?

First post has the Bios information.

It ran fine on XMP also CPU overclock, memory test past, 9 hours of prime 95 passed. I'm running stock now no XMP 2133Mhz, no overclock of the CPU after having stability problems in windows.

Still can't access the CPU multiplier after the changes.

Contacted Gigabyte by phone and you can't change the Bios settings with the mouse or enter key you have to us page up page down keys on that motherboard, all is good.:D

Last edited:
Contacted Gigabyte by phone and you can't change the Bios settings with the mouse or enter key you have to us page up page down key on that motherboard, all is good.:D

Reminds me of legacy BIOS :)
You should've tried that!

Im happy you finally figured it out!, Now we can fight >:')

Contacted Gigabyte by phone and you can't change the Bios settings with the mouse or enter key you have to us page up page down key on that motherboard, all is good.:D

Wait........................ WHAT??
Man, there are going to be a lot more confused people over this one.

When you highlight the setting you want to change and the mouse or enter key will not change it, use the page up or page down key to change the setting, some settings will change with the enter key or mouse, some will change with the page up and down keys.:)

Hey dude can you tell me what temps do you get,i have the same mboard,cpu,cooler

Back