• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA5AX Mobo - thermistors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adovbs

Registered
Hello,

I have a GA5AX mobo with an AMD K62/500 processor, which I will be attempting to overclock as soon as I can figure out what I'm doing. In the meantime, on the advice of a friend, I have installed Motherboard Monitor 5, so that I can begin to learn more about my mobo and processor. Which leads me to my question...

On the MBM5 "dashboard" are some gauges for temp readings. On my system, these always read 0 C, which I assume means they aren't getting any temp data at all from the mobo. I have a manual for the mobo, but it doesn't mention whether it comes with thermistors installed or not - or if it does, I have not been able to find that info. So, does anyone here know if this mobo comes with thermistors installed? And if they should be already available on the board, how does one go about configuring them to send temp data to MBM5?

Thanks,
Adovbs

repo man11

Open the main MBM page(right click, go to "settings"). Then go to temperatures. There will be two drop down lists, one for each MBM sensor, and hopefully a corresponding board sensor. After you match one with the other, be sure to hit "apply". That should do it.

OP
adovbs

adovbs

Registered
Open the main MBM page(right click, go to "settings"). Then go to temperatures. There will be two drop down lists, one for each MBM sensor, and hopefully a corresponding board sensor. After you match one with the other, be sure to hit "apply". That should do it.

Thanks for the quick reply - I was amazed to see something back on this so soon...

Ok, I opened up MBM and I found the items listed in your note, but the second drop down - the one that has a caption reading "Should Display Board Sensor" has only one option in it - "None." Does that mean it can't find any board sensors to associate with the MBM gauges?

thanks,
Adovbs

repo man11

That's what it sounds like. But I just checked out the Gigabyte website, and they say that it has a CPU temp sensor. Does it have a place for for monitoring the current sytem temps in the BIOS?

OP
adovbs

adovbs

Registered
Does it have a place for for monitoring the current sytem temps in the BIOS?
Hmmm, good question. I'll check it this afternoon after work, and post the results.

thanks,
Adovbs