• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galaciator Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trinity

I just received my M. Galaciator and the fan is blowing towards the cpu.

Should it blow towards or away, I also have 2 80mm case fans blowing out of the case right next to the hsf?

Well, first off. This should be in the cooling section. The fan is best to blow toward the cpu. Thats the way it was designed. And I guess if it were me I would have those case fans blowing cool outside air toward the hsf. There is a catch to that though. It will make your case temps go up a few degrees as its blowing the cpu heat further into the case. But if you already have excellent cooling it shouldn't matter.

Sorry about the wrong section, I worked late last night on the comp and I was a little tired. That sounds good. I might reverse the fans and have the air blowing on the hsf. I will just put another fan somewhere to blow out.

its all about getting that air to circulate, as I have found... my case just isn't getting good circulation, and as a result, i get pretty bad temps with the cover on, something i am struggling to correct, so far pretty unsuccessfully... the glaciator does a great job of cooling my chip, but the air it blow out just sits in my case when the side is on... ugggh...

Did you lap your galaciator? I am prob going to, might improve my temps.

turn the fans around. Blow the hot air out the front and the cool air in from the back. I would have the fan blow down on the glaciator. You can try it though and see what results you get.

Doesn't hot air rise? How would I push hot air out the front if the hot air is rising up the top? Well I will experiment and find out what lowers the temps.

yes hot air rises. But with good airflow it will go with the flow. Its like cigarette smoke. It goes up normally right. Put a fan next to it and it will follow the flow of the fan.

Back