• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galax GtX 1080 HOF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mago632

Just got a new 1080 from Galax HOF Edition and played around a bit tonight with the GPU offset only (will play with memory tomorrow). I was using the Extreme Tuner Plus and managed to get it stable at 2151 (+125) in 3D mark Spy Runner. As I was about to go to bed I was clicking around and hit the voltage tab and saw that the voltage was at 0.800.

My question is what is the safe limit of Voltage with Pascal. Also I thought the boost 3.0 managed the voltage. If not and I have some voltage headroom I'm eager to see if the bump in voltage could squeeze a little more out of it and what that voltage would be.

I'm a gamer so I am just trying to find the max limit on the card so I can back it off and game comfortably with a moderate OC.

I appreciate you guys input......

OP
M

Mago632

Thanks Witch some nice info still a little scared with the voltage just cause ima newb.

1080 HOF and I am using Extreme Tuner Plus to OC it. OC graphics cards but here's what I did.
In Heaven Benchmark Power Target =116 , temp target=92 got stable +120 core and +805 on memory ( out the box no adjustments it was 2038 settling at 2025 core and 5005 mem)

Max temp was 54C HWMonitor showed 1.63v (did not manually adjust it left at 0.800 in Tuner) 97.22%

Spy runner was a lil different, same setting but core +110 and mem +740.

I'm scared to mess with the core and don't have the balls to mess with the BIOS at all.

was wondering should I manually adjust the volts to 1.1 and see how she bangs and will I get a stable higher OC.

Being a gamer a 24/7 of +75 core and +500 mem is good for me just curious to find the cards potential?
You guys with real experience let me know your thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be 1.063v sorry

Alaric

The HOF series are nice cards. With the Galax software I just clicked the "5%" OC and got 2114 MHz on my 1070 and never touched voltage or anything else. That was right after I got it, and I haven't played with it since. My display is 1080p, so I can max out anything I play anyway. There are some HOF fans here but there aren't a lot of those cards. Congrats on the card!

OP
M

Mago632

Sweet Alaric, I just had a little session in Arma3 with it set at +75 core +600 mem and 2100 / 5604 game looks great and no stuttering like before (EVGA 780 Ti SC) but server wasn't full either so... I'm happy... I play at 1440p

Looks like you got a sweet card too!!!!

Alaric

I waited a long time to build a nice rig, and I've admired the HOF series for a couple years. It wasn't cheap, but I'm happy. And it was the only choice in my white, windowed case. Your card should dominate 1440p.