• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galax HOF and how do I get one in the US?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

I'm trying to find a source for a Galax GTX 1070HOF, maybe a GTX 1080 HOF. I found a website in Australia that has the 1080 HOF for a really good price (considering) but they don't ship to the US. The all white HOF card would be the cherry on top of the rig in my sig. Good performance and great looks. Anybody here have any ideas?

The Ark of my graphic Covenant. LOL

Galax top.PNG Galax backplate.PNG

OP
Alaric

Alaric

1070.PNG

I went through the contact page for the North American office. I hope to hear back from them. The cards aren't cheap, but one would be a fantastic addition to my new build. :)

Galax GTX 1080 HOF Limited Edition specs.
View attachment 181889

OP
Alaric

Alaric

Haven't decided yet. Those are both good options. I'm looking to have too many parts laying around soon. How would you like another R7 240? I have an extra one of them (XFX), too. :) Maybe a triple Xfire?

edit: Holy crap. The cheapest shipping I can find from here to Israel is the US Post Office, and that's $67 USD! You could buy another R7 240 for that.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Haven't decided yet. Those are both good options. I'm looking to have too many parts laying around soon. How would you like another R7 240? I have an extra one of them (XFX), too. :) Maybe a triple Xfire?

edit: Holy crap. The cheapest shipping I can find from here to Israel is the US Post Office, and that's $67 USD! You could buy another R7 240 for that.

Haha, I can buy even more than a r7 240 lol, Murica is far from israel (About 12 hours on a plane), And r7 240 can only cf x2 not more.
Try to sell them, Or if you have a crappy old pc sell it as a bundle lol. Ill keep one of the r7 240 when ill buy a new GPU, Probably try to sell it for 50$ maybe less.

Also why not change your daughters r7 260x to a RX480 if you have it lol (After you buy a 1070 or 1080)

sobe

Unscathed Member
If anything, just order from Overclockers.

KFA GTX 1080 HoF

The only thing would be outside of possible coverage from Overclockers, you wouldn't have much of a warranty through KFA since it's the euro branch of Galax.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
If anything, just order from Overclockers.

KFA GTX 1080 HoF

The only thing would be outside of possible coverage from Overclockers, you wouldn't have much of a warranty through KFA since it's the euro branch of Galax.

He's looking for the 1070 primarily. I expect the conversion puts a 1080 out of the question.

OP
Alaric

Alaric

The KFA is less than the Australian Galax I found. That's a plus. I saw the HOF on Galax's website and, wait for it, assumed they were out there waiting to be picked up. I really am old enough to know better, I don't know what got in to me. LOL. It could be a week or two before I have the money so I guess this works out. Thanks guys!

OP
Alaric

Alaric

Direct from Galax.

We are expecting shipment next week of both 1070 and 1080 HOF. Expected to be up online for sale very soon.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Galaxy Microsystems Ltd.

I have a check in the bank that should be cleared by next Friday. I will have my all white HOF for my build. :clap:

OP
Alaric

Alaric

I seriously considered the 180 HOF Limited Edition, but at 1080p that would probably break my pixels. LOL The backplate on the HOFs (1070 and 1080) looks really nice. My current power supply should handle a 1070, too. Looks like my daughter will be inheriting a RX 480 when she gets my old rig. I'm so happy about the Galax I may get her an SSD while I'm at it. If my SSD were visible I'd be tempted by this http://www.galax.com/en/ssd/hof-ssd-512gb.html, but probably only until I find out the price. LOL

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I cant see that drive fetching a huge premium over the one we reviewed already honestly.. Its not like it has a better PCB, more power bits, and an aftermarket cooler... ;)

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Cause its white and has a crown? :p

Im sure it is faster, but still think it won't fetch a large premium over the 'gamer' ssd we reviewed though... keep us posted.