• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

galaxy gtx 260+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaredavidporter

Hey guys, I just bought this video card last night and was wondering if anyone knows if its any good. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing when i bought it. I mainly got it because it had an HDMI output on it. It's a galaxy gtx 260+ 896MB 448nit DDR3 216 processor cores edition. Ill be using it mainly for gaming and watching movies.

I pretty much assumed its better than what im using now (in my signature) just because it's in the 200 series card but i wanted to get someone take on it if they have owned one or heard anything about them. I couldnt find a review on one when i got back.

I would test it now but i decided to wait until my new parts from newegg ship in.

Last edited:

tinymouse2

A friend had a galaxy 260 216 edition (I think that's the same as a 260+) and he said he was getting temps of 72-76 under full load (auto fanspeed)
Compared to my 260 which under full load goes up to 69 tops under full load. We have the same case and pretty much the same hardware (he has faster RAM but a q6600 instead of my q9550) so it seems that it gets slightly hotter.

He had clocked it to 625/1100 when he took the temps which bumps everything up to the same speed as mine but he wouldn't go any higher than that due to the temp, also he got artifacts if he pushed it much further.

Basically it's a standard 260 216 card that works fine but runs slightly hotter than an average 260. We got the same FPS in every game +-1fps.

Hope this helps =)

OP
jaredavidporter

jaredavidporter

Forgot to ask, this thing is compatible with 3D Vision. I was wondering if it's worth the extra money to go out and try it or not.
I have a few games that are compatible with it.

Zantal

Forgot to ask, this thing is compatible with 3D Vision. I was wondering if it's worth the extra money to go out and try it or not.
I have a few games that are compatible with it.

just keep in mind you will see reduced FPS

if it's worth it depends only on you, you might end up not liking the 3d effect + the poor fps you may get and then not use it at all.

tinymouse2

You can use it for 3D vision.
Also your FPS doesn't drop that much mate... with 3D vision running on my 260 (625/1100) in L4D my FPS dropped by about 9fps which is fine since my fps was over 100 to start with.

Gibbo3771

I run GMod and CS-S on 3D vision with a 9600GT and get 30-40FPS and a 9600GT is the bare minimum to run the 3D vision.

Other games dont flavour too well from it, MW2 is unplayable with it on lol

Heading for a GTX260 soon :D

OP
jaredavidporter

jaredavidporter

I heard you have to have at least a 120 mhz monitor to even get the full effect, i think mine is 70 mhz.
Also it's $200, it seems more like a gimmicky kind of thing.

Gibbo3771

yeah i bought the glasses + monitor other day for £240 off ebay.

It wont run on 70 as each lens needs 60hz to itself or some pish lol