• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gambling for a working 9500np->9700np

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikapc

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or an idea at least of getting a working soft-mod 9500np card to 9700np (only taking into consideration those specific red sapphire cards with the l shaped layout.) I happened to get one of those cards and while it didn't crash or anything after the soft-mod I did get a bit of artifacts and was wondering if it would be worth it to try and order another one. Also if better cooled my card would that possibly get rid of the artifacts/checkerboard? Thanks

fiji

im pretty sure its 9500np to 9700pro

but anyway i heard it was roughly 2/3 of the time youd get a good one

juliendogg

seems lately i see more people posting success stories than failures, could be the people who botch their cards aren't saying, but i'm willing to give it a shot if there's still a moddable NP around by the time i get an extra $150 to drop.

J .

Spacepiston

Your chances are 1 in 3 that youll get a card that mods w/o artifacts..

You have to take into consideration that ppl who are successful are more likely to post their success, rather then failure.

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
First of all, the mod is 9500NP to 9700NP. The 9700Pro requires overclocking.

Second of all, just because somebody got a new card doesn't mean that everyone will. They pull their cards off the shelf in the order in which they are placed. They have identical boxes. So it may just be a fluke that that person got a new card.

Z

black_wing

mine was fluke.... the first card modded well... but low OC ... (broke one of the ram chip....oops...RMA ) the second modded great & OC very well.... so... lucky me... =)