• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GameCube games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

Thanks to ghost_recon88 (WOOO! Ill add heat in a minute :D) the mrs. and I now have a GameCube. Bought solely for Mario Strikers, were now looking at a whole lot of bonuses to our new console.
I think she is going to be getting the Sonic Mega Collection and Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Is there any other absolute must haves? I have to admit I havent followed anything Nintendo in years, so I really dont know any of the titles.
Im thinking about Mario Kart: Double Dash, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Smash Bros Melee and a Zelda title. Any particular Zelda title that is above the rest? Any titles at all that are essential?

Edit: Is there any baseball games with a home run derby mode?

Last edited:

MasterTelia

id say get RE4 its a really good game

there is also this other zelda game made in a gameboy style, dont know if id recomend it though

but basicly most of the time you cant go wrong with games from nintendo themselves

blueswitch

I've had my gamecube for about a 16 months, and I probably play more GC games than Wii right now.

Resident Evil 4 is just a must have for this console.
Metroid Prime
Smash Bros is fun especially if you have someone to play with.
Zelda's: Windwaker was good, Twilight Princess was better but I played the Wii version, can't really go wrong with either.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are great! If you can, grab Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 1 (available in the Pure Evil pack from a local retailer near you!). Strikers is fun, so is Double Dash and SSB:M. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is an incredibly pretty game that is a lot of fun, and Twilight Princess is also available and it a good, solid Zelda entry.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is an absolute MUST buy! The game is well-built and very creepy. Also, make sure to pick up Tales of Symphonia to fill the RPG void. 60+ hours of solid gaming? Yes, please!

Pikmin is kinda fun, and a good time-waster. You'll also want to pick up Soul Calibur II, as it's a good, solid 3D fighting title (with Link! Can't go wrong with that!).

Oh, and do yourself a favour and buy a Wavebird. You'll be glad you did.

SolidxSnake

of course you don't buy MY gamecube :(

But eah, RE4 is incredible. Zelda Wind Waker I didn't like much (too much damn sailing), but Twilight Princess was the most incredible Zelda I've played. Pick up Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike, as well as Metroid Prime 1 & 2. MGS: Twin Snakes was good too.

OP
Twigglish

Twigglish

Not a big fan of Metroid, STar Wars games either.
But I will be getting MGS. Thats one I forgot about. Ill probably pick up both Zeldas too.

Spawn-Inc

RE 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! metroid 1 and 2

seriously look at Eternal darkness, don't read any reviews as they will spoil the kickass surprises in the game and no one here who has played it say anything about it accept how sick it is.

here is my sexy (to me anyway) collection

RE4 chainsaw controller for gamecube and ps2!
2300346010100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

RE4 collector for gamecube
2450175730100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

first row of games
2654519190100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

second
2579906440100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

posters
2378344050100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

all laid out
2034500790100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

other half
2716250490100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

consoles (since then i have a wii, and gameboy micro)
2477049270100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

ps2, gamecube collectors editions of re4, game.con re2
2906493900100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

those are old pictures since then i have gotten more ps2 games and what not.

Spawn-Inc

^ lol, sure do i started collecting re stuff a ways back but its been put on the back burner in place of my pc. when i first got a ebay account i went crazy on re stuff i ended up paying 100 for resident evil 1 and 2 (movies) for special DTS versions, then like a jacka$$ i opened them. so i now have 4 copies of the first resident evil and 2 copies of apocalypse. and of course once resident evil extinction comes out i'm gonna pick that up.

Spawn-Inc

i got mine as soon as they came out or just about at 40 or so each. if you really want one you can get them from ebay for like 16, but then those f**kers charge 40 for shipping.

i like the ps2 one since you can actually pull the start cord and it makes a chainsaw sound haha, it would be really sick if they made one for the Nintendo wii but this time made the chain move.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
Oh, and do yourself a favour and buy a Wavebird. You'll be glad you did.

Have to differ with you there. Every Wavebird I bought and used was a total bust. Dozens of them. Just stick with wired controllers and get cord extenders. I got extenders with 'break-aways' in the middle of them so that if someone snagged on them while passing by, the break-away would do just that... and leave my 'cube sitting there whining about a controller disconnect.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
Edit: Is there any baseball games with a home run derby mode?

MVP 2005 doesn't have a HR derby, but the game itself is still really fun. The batting is too difficult IMO, but the pitching system and gameplay is well done. You can tune various aspects of the game difficulty as well.

Also, I'm disappointed that nobody has mentioned it yet but Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour is one of the best games for Gamecube.

Springbok

I love my Wavebirds, they're pretty much the best wireless controller ever made! My favorite games on the GC were Smash Bros, Mario Kart: DD, Pikmin, and Zelda:Wind Waker.