• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GAMEFLY....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well I gotta say I love my local video stores they tend to get a nice amount of even medicore titles in enough that i can always get what i want usually when i want.

I ordered gamefly because i was thinking sweet my baby daughter was just born so i can order right from home rent games i like for my son and I and never have to leave the house.

I'm thinking i am wrong right off the bat. I made their Q list put as many games as you like! so i didnt that mainly most titles for my son figured as games come out i want to rent i'll shuffle a few of my own to the top here and their.

Anyway Dragon age origins was availiblity was medium friday and medium saturday. So medium im guessing at least maybe 10's probably 100's of copies. A lot of good rated newer games at the top of my list. All availible but what do they ship me?????

Game number 39 and 42 or something like that basicly two last agmes on my list games my kid kinda wanted to play someday more of a place holder so he don't forget about them when that day comes their is no game he can find he wants to rent.

Two games with teh lowest rating on my list and lowest availibility. Dino fighters or something for ds lol and path of furon or something.

So yes the games were on my list but give me a break your telling me that none of the games that are said to be availible (remind you my games shipped late friday) friday morning just finally today does some of them either say less availible or more for some titles.

To me this services seems to be the type that gets 20 copies so what will do is tell are renters to pile up their list with tons of games. So we can shuffle stuff around only have to deliver hot newer games to people who know the trick and hold out and put 1 game in their list and wait it out for a possible week they get it. Then the people who make a actual list will just keep juggling them old titles and the lower end titles most people don't want on their list.

IDK maybe it's just me i know it's my first rental but it already left a bad taste in my mouth. I mean hell i only spend about 10 more dollars in a month renting from my local game store sure i gotta be more careful about what i rent because i can't just take it back and get something else. But at least i can get what i want when i want for the most part.

Also few reviews i read about gamefly after i seen what they had shipped me. Lead me to believe what i'm talking about because i think on my first two rentals i'm getting crapped on.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
With gamefly you want to keep your list pretty short or you will get what happened to you. If you have things on your list that they have in stock and the rest are not they will send you the one that is in stock. Keep the ones on the queue that you want and you will get them.

Remember, Dragon Age is a long game, so it may have a longer turnaround than a sports game or just normal action game that lasts 5-10 hours.

OP
rumbl3

rumbl3

yeah i sent back one of my kids games cut down my list to 2 games lol. i want either dragon age or modern warfare 2.

So will see what happens ill see when they get the game and when they ship a copy out to me. If they can pull it off in a day or two then ill keep it maybe if it takes a week to get one of the two then eh forget it back to the video store i go.

Or maybe knock it down to just one game out at a time for my son. Because he for the most part don't care to much he just wants to play new things all the time lol.

Will see