• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games dissapearing???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

Ok, I have dl'ed the latest drivers for my video card, and I made sure to remove the old ones. Lately when playing graphics intense games sometimes they will just up and dissapear. I am running windows 98se. I have also booted to safe mode and made sure that there werent multiple video cards listed in the device manager as well. So any suggestions? Could it be my registry is all messed up? I have been on the same Windows install for like 8 months now, (longest ever lol) and I hate to have to reformat. What could be causing this? I will be playing a game like Motocross Madness 2, or UT, or Max Payne and it will just up and dissapear to the desktop. My video card is not OC'ed either. Video card is a Radeon 32mb ddr. Thanks for any insight.

That usually indicates that the game just crashed...happens to my Geforce 2 GTS when I put Ballistics up too high. It can't handle it and dies.

Back