• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games music or your music while you play?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
I listen to the game's music. Usually they can compose descently, or at the very least it will fit in with the current surroundings better than my random playlist :D

JigPu

Drec

my music...in game music volume level = 0, windows media player volume level = 10..

Ri0

I always like the game music. Painkiller has some pretty good tracks when you are fighting. I like the heavy rock.

Mr. Chambers

it depends on the game. games like FFVII for example, i always listen to the in-game music, its a work of art. games like diabloII, with a soundtrack that gets old very quickly, i sometimes listen to my own.

copernicus

for single player i mostly leave the game's music on unless it's annoying or distracting then i turn it off.
for multiplayer i always play my own music, unless i'm playing with my friend's then i use ts.

Ri0 said:
Painkiller has some pretty good tracks when you are fighting. I like the heavy rock.

just started this game last night, and so far besides the grfx, that's one of the best thing's about the game.

TommyHolly

After I get sick of the game's music then I use my own. Lately I switched to listening to "Books on Tape" which I download off the internet from a site called www.audible.com

So far I have read 2 books a month, (Not including the 1 or 2 paper books I read too) while I play video games. Talk about multitasking!

OP
C

CheeseMan

TommyHolly said:
After I get sick of the game's music then I use my own. Lately I switched to listening to "Books on Tape" which I download off the internet from a site called www.audible.com

So far I have read 2 books a month, (Not including the 1 or 2 paper books I read too) while I play video games. Talk about multitasking!

WoW!! I woulda fell asleep while playing video games then

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
Ditto to that. Oftentimes I turn off the music altogether (FPS games, almost always) so that I can hear everything else.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
depends on the game and the music. Like people have said, some games have very good music, otheres get old, or i have heard them so much i dont want to hear them again.