• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

games problems when o/c on th72-raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shotman

Registered
i have a th7 2 raid board with a p4 2.4b b0 stepping(wating for c1) , two sticks of 256 mB samsung pc800, antec 550w psu , etc.i can o/c two 2.9(161fsb) with no prob in winxp , i can run sandra for days, madonion,pcmark , etc.the problem is that every time a put a decent , demanding game, the game freezes and is exited automaticaly but the pc doesn't crash , i can work normally, what kind of prob is this ? ram prob ? volt prob (running at 1.85,bios read 1.71/1.73), or am i at the limit of the of something ?how come do i see ppl o/c 2.4b with the same board an sticks of ram to 3.2ghz?please help:burn:

luck of the draw when it comes to oc'ing. try prime95 for testing stability, usually that finds errors that other programs will miss. if its okay without making an error for 5+ hours, it should be pretty stable.

there are other programs like memtest that i havnt tried, but thats to see if your memory okay

Could be your RAM. It is clocked @ 3x161MHz=483 but I heard of RAM running way less in 3x mode than in 4x mode. That is the reason why I would not get a 133MHz FSB CPU. There is no playroom now for you...

Get a 2.5 C1 with 100MHz FSB (all of them are C1s)!

Merkor

OverclockNStein said:
shotman, are your AGP/PCI slots fixed to 66/33 MHz?

What games are you playing?

OverclockNStein,
If I were to guess, I would say that shotman has set his AGP/PCI slots FIXed at 66/33 MHz. In RTCW, I got ramdom game lockups using the fixed setting. I backed my FSB to 143 and used the 4/2 divider. No more lockups.

With the FIX setting, the AGP/PCI clock is not in sync with the FSB clock. This puts more demand on the buffer that is necessary to send data between the slots and memory. So I would suspect that with the additional data for the video card (4x AGP), there is either a buffer overrun or some corrupted data being transferred. One possible solution may be to change the AGP to 2x (I think this is possible, but I don't know).

I there!
thanks for replying,i have it set to fix, i rised the voltage to real 1.8 and until now it stopped crashing .shoul i get 40 ns samsung memories instead of mine(45ns)i saw a post saying that those memories are great!

OMFG waja, When I was overclocked to a 130FSB, everything work except for Wolfenstein!!!! (my AGP/PCI was set to fixed)
3DMark worked fine, UT2003 worked fine, but Wolfenstein would crash right at the start. I need my Wolfenstein!

Cant wait to change some settings and try for a super overclock, hope it works!

waja said:

OverclockNStein,
If I were to guess, I would say that shotman has set his AGP/PCI slots FIXed at 66/33 MHz. In RTCW, I got ramdom game lockups using the fixed setting. I backed my FSB to 143 and used the 4/2 divider. No more lockups.

With the FIX setting, the AGP/PCI clock is not in sync with the FSB clock. This puts more demand on the buffer that is necessary to send data between the slots and memory. So I would suspect that with the additional data for the video card (4x AGP), there is either a buffer overrun or some corrupted data being transferred. One possible solution may be to change the AGP to 2x (I think this is possible, but I don't know).
hmm.... interesting. i may hafta give that a try later.

i've got mine set to fixed. i never have problems but it might help stability when 3dmarking.

Back