• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GameSurround Fortissimo III 7.1 or soundblaster audigy(oem)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

which should i get? i can get the audigy for $10 more. also, whats the difference between the audigy oem and the audigy gamer or mp3? alls i could see is the gamer and mp3 had gold connectors. any sound quality difference?

MEAT BAG

all audigys are basically the same its the software that comes with them that makes the diff.

snyper1982

well i am loving my audigy with my klipsch's right now. I just got the klipsch 4.1 in today, they are the best speakers i have ever heard. well for computers at least. with the audigy you run the risk of having it not be compatible with your hardware if you are using a VIA chipset. myself i have never had ANY problems, but some people have so, its up to you. but it does sound great.

OC Noob

If the Fortissimo is like the card that comes with the Herc. Game Theater XP (and I think it is) the Hercules will offer better sound quality, but doesn't have near the sound effects for games as the Audigy. The hercules will also cause some lag in EAX hardware mode for some games (Ut2k3 for me). I think the Audigy has a bit more power.

So, if your thing is music or movies I'd get the Hercules. If your thing is games I'd get the Audigy.

ps if you get the Audigy, the creative inspire 5.1 speaker set sounds very nice with the Audigy and only costs about $80.