• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming board...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soyo Boy

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask you guys what characteristics a good gamin mobo has... I was thinking the Soyo CK8 for support for the athlon 64 chip and also because of its ease of overclocking... is this board good for gaming? Also, its a pretty well priced board. Let me know.

Thanks

-Randall

CCW

Xtreme refugee
Coupled with the right graphics card it will make up a good gaming system. I think you are going with the Radeon 9800Pro?

Craig

CrashOveride

tom10167 said:
You're obviously a fan of Soyo, so my efforts may be fruitless, but I have heard nothing but BAD THNGS about SOYO. From numerous people from numerous sites.

I had a pretty good experience with them... and not really anything bad.

But if you don't go with an A64 system Abit NF7-S is the way to go (with a good video card of course).

AmpCoder

Registered
Yeah if your just going with an AthlonXP system I would recommend a NF7-S Rev. 2. They are pretty good overclockers...