• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming cards which one ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven4563

i know this is like a noob question but theres so many choices

right i need a video card for this system

AMD Duron 600mhz @ 1ghz
256meg or 512meg off PC133 Ram
Epox motherboard AGP 1,2 and 4X

the games wont be much off a shocker due to my girlfriend will be having this comp and she likes playing games like The Sims lol. Do u think a Geforce2 MX400 will be good enuff or should i pick up a Geforce4 MX440 for £35

or anything else from ATi or Nvidia it really dont matter just needs to be under £50

OPPS title should off been light gaming cards :)

OP
Steven4563

Steven4563

hello james :D ive looked on about 5 websites and they no longer do gf3's they used to do a geforce3 ti200 64meg on one site for £47 but they stopped old cards now :(

james.miller

eek. i can't find anything on the net lol. id say a 440 then, or a 460 if you can find one. If you want to spend any more than that, then the ti4200 is still a very good option.

Sentential

Contributing Member
The 5200FX isnt all bad. Ive owned one. Yes its not a gaming guru but its a hellova card. Its much better than a G3 or an MX. Its slightly worse than a G4 4200