• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Mouse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

echopapa

Registered
Just looking for suggestions on what people like/dislike as far as gaming mice go. I'm looking at the g9, the Razer Naga, or the razer imperator.

If anyone owns any of these mice or another id appreciate some info on how you like them. I have medium sized hands if that matters.

I play Aion, CS:S, MW2 mostly.

Kevin007

The G5 version 2 is a really good mouse, I've been using it for a year now.

My friend just got the G500 and it seems really nice, but I haven't used it yet.

Automiketic

i just got a g500 and i love it. if you have a best buy close by you can pick it up for $40 right now.

OP
E

echopapa

Registered
I have a MX518 currently. Was looking for something a bit different i guess.

OP
E

echopapa

Registered
I think fingers. I definitely dont like my fingers hanging off the end of the mouse. But i think i might like an ergonomical type feel too.

Marshmallow64

If you do not want to stray too far away from the mx518, the g500 and the g9 are both solid mice that you can use. Can I ask why you are moving away from the mx518?

OP
E

echopapa

Registered
I do like the mx518, but honestly ive never tried much else like razer or the g9. My mx518 is all gunked up from years of use and my wife wants to get me a new mouse for a late christmas present. Only real complaint about the mx518 is that there's no forward button on the side.. just a big back button..

When i hold mice like the mx950 i do tend to like the ergonomical design and feel, but i dont want wireless b/c 1. i dont want to replace batteries 2. Ive always heard wireless is a nono for fps and serious gaming

Dj Spiel

+1 G500 from Logitech I just got mine 2 days ago (well my Gf bought it for me)

it's currently on sale for $39.99 @ your local bestbuy

JonSimonzi

I didn't want to make a new thread, since this pertains to this discussion.

I could have swore Logitech made a wireless version of the G500/MX518/G5. Or am I going crazy?

OP
E

echopapa

Registered
I'm not sure. I havent seen any. I do like the ergonomical feel of the mx revolution series for browsing, but i dont know how id like that for gaming.

jaymz9350

I didn't want to make a new thread, since this pertains to this discussion.

I could have swore Logitech made a wireless version of the G500/MX518/G5. Or am I going crazy?

yeah the G7, but i think they discontinued it shortly after the G9 came out.

stang8118

Currently I am using the MS sidewinder mouse

THIS

I love it other than the fact that the mouse wheel no longer clicks so I can scroll really fast down a web page.