• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Mousepad Ideas and Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darksparkz

I'm looking to get a good mousepad, or rather two mousepads, since my would would need one too.

For me, i just have a LX700 wireless mouse, but play games once in a while like CS or BF2 on this other Logitech mouse. Currently using a $5 mousepad, so I'd need a good one that would run fine while I'm not playing games and work while I'm playing too.

My brother has a MX518, and usually plays CS:S and first person shooters, so he'd need a smooth one I'm guessing?

From what I've seen, most mousepads are based on personal preferences, so it doesn't matter if the ideas are towards their own experiences, just need some opinions, thanks!

deception``

I've used tons of pads, but now I really prefer cloth ones.

Some good cloth pads would be the Everglide Titan, Razer Mantis, Allsop Cloth, Steelpad QcK+, Supermat, and the Fatality pad.

Other pads to consider would be the new Func pads (not a big fan of), the plain Steelpad, Ratzpad GS, and perhaps an Icemat.

deception``

Evil_Eye

I've actually used the RatpadGS for quite awhile.

In order to prevent the problem with the ridges running out, I had to periodically clean and re-lube it. For lubrication, I usually use a large amount of teflon lube; it's a type of chain grease that goes on wet and dries within seconds hence leaving a thin flim of teflon on the surface. Works great.

Archer36

I really like my Everglide Ricocet 2.52 got it for like $15.00 it also has the dual surfice, a smooth side and a more rough faster side, the side I use all the time.

OP
darksparkz

darksparkz

The Xtrac Pro looks pretty good. I think I might like cloth pads as well. So many to choose from, I'll have to look around at all of them.