• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gamspys top 10 PC Games of the year...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

Gamespys top 10 PC Games of the year...

10. Railroad Tycoon 3
9. Tron 2.0
8. Max Payne 2
7. Rise of Nations
6. Halo
5. Deus Ex: Invisible War
4. Tiger Woods PGA tour 2004
3. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
2. GTA: Vice City
1. Call of Duty

so what are your opinions on this list? apparently ive been missing out i dont have many of these :p

Last edited:
OP
El-Scotto

El-Scotto

i got max payn tron and halo, with gta vc and kotor on ps2/xbox..
ive heard nothing but compaints about the new DeusEx game...Call of Duty looked good but was it really the best pc game of the year?

deRusett

I will have Rise Of Nations after Christmas, Apart from that I have none of the games or plan to get any, only way I would play Halo would be if I got an X box and got the game,

TRON 2.0 could be an Option if they would package it with the first TRON

I have not really been on top of the newest games this year, but really none of those game strike me as exceptional

YellowDart

Re: Gamespys top 10 PC Games of the year...

El-Scotto said:
10. Railroad Tycoon 3
9. Tron 2.0
8. Max Payne 2
7. Rise of Nations
6. Halo
1. Call of Duty

so what are your opinions on this list? apparently ive been missing out i dont have many of these :p

I really liked Max Payne 2, Rise of Nations (roxorz!!!), Halo, GTA, and CoD. Seems kinda wierd to me that Railroad Tycoon is on there. And wtf is Deus Ex IW on there for?

GT2000

I played the Deus Ex IW demo, wasn't all that impressed, and I liked that review that displayed the AI's stupidity...they say that IW is different each time you play though..I believe that would be because each time the AI comes up with something to out-do the stupidity of the last time.

Maybe I'll give the game a go as soon as it hits the bargain bin.

ninthebin

hmm im not sure about COD being number 1...sure a very refreshing FPS to play, but still just another WW2 FPS which is too short imo.

Max Payne 2 also I feel could have had alot more done to it for a sequel so far on.

I htink Halo is just bum...too arcady for its own good.

but then gamespy is crap, so cant expect more from the poor chaps :santa2:

OC Noob

I've seen so many of these things and they all seem to be pretty random.

The Game/s of the Year titles don't really mean jack**** anymore.

That reminds me, in one of them they had worst characters in games this year and I'm wondering why all these game dork reviewers dislike Nick Kang (sp?) from True Crime. They say he has the lamest 1 liners and is very dislikeable (I made that one up myself:p), but I thought his voice acting and jokes were freakin great. He reminded me a lot of Ash from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness with his cocky, fumbling character with the killer 1 liners.

Some one even went so far as to say this one liner, when getting a health restoring package, wasn't funny, "That even cured my jock itch." What is up with these guys?

Oh yeah, back on topic. What a lame year for PC gaming. KOTOR is easily the best game on that list, but thats not saying much.

eli

Where is Final Fantasy XI? No MMORPG allowed? I guess it's not a game, but rather a lifestyle.

GT2000

I'd have to agree with you there OC Noob, so far I've thoroughly enjoyed True Crimes, the one-liners, the fighting, the random pat-downs, all of it, very fun game, of course, I did play through more than the first half in a drunken stuper, but still!

Zim2411

Re: Gamespys top 10 PC Games of the year...

El-Scotto said:
10. Railroad Tycoon 3
9. Tron 2.0
8. Max Payne 2
7. Rise of Nations
6. Halo
1. Call of Duty

1. Armed and Dangerous
2. Max Payne 2
3. Halo
4. Rise of Nations
5. Need for Speed Underground
6. Star Wars: Jedi Knight 3
7. Prince of Persia
8. ...

IMO, Much improved list...

OC Noob

GT2000 said:
I'd have to agree with you there OC Noob, so far I've thoroughly enjoyed True Crimes, the one-liners, the fighting, the random pat-downs, all of it, very fun game, of course, I did play through more than the first half in a drunken stuper, but still!

Yeah, what the heck. I haven't enjoyed a game/movie character more since Bruce Cambell (sp?) in the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movies.

TUK101

I have 4 of the games from the list. RoN would be #1 and Call of Duty would be #2 with Tiger Woods 2k4 being #3 and GTA VC being #4. The rest I havent played yet. I have read the reviews on Railroad Tycoon and they sound pretty good. If you like sims type games at all then RRT would probably appeal to you.

BaldHeadedDork

Can't argue with the top two. Vice City would have been my number one but if it has to lose to any game, COD would be it.

To those who asked "wtf" about Railroad Tycoon 3: Not every gamer is thirteen years old and wants to shoot something. Railroad Tycoon 3 is far and away the best of the overplayed fill-in-the-blank Tycoon genre. RT3 actually compares better with CivIII or Rise of Nations than Dry Cleaning Tycoon or whatever business game has been coughed up (or delivered via another orifice) onto the shelves of Best Buy this week.

Tiger Woods is a surprise. The reviews have been great but a top five game? The career mode is a lot of fun but the actual golf gameplay isn't clearly better than Links 2003.

If I had a vote I'd lobby hard for Lock On-Modern Air Combat. LO-MAC wasn't perfect. But it was clearly the best military jet flying sim in years. I think its worthy of eighth place.

BHD