• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gamspys top 10 PC Games of the year...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
whoever bought Railroad should be ashamed. Halo was good I thought, I'm hoping Halo 2 is a lot better. CS Condition Zero comes out this year (12/30/2003), but I guess it'll get lost in the books.

Re: Gamespys top 10 PC Games of the year...

El-Scotto said:
10. Railroad Tycoon 3
9. Tron 2.0
8. Max Payne 2
7. Rise of Nations
6. Halo
5. Deus Ex: Invisible War
4. Tiger Woods PGA tour 2004
3. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
2. GTA: Vice City
1. Call of Duty

so what are your opinions on this list? apparently ive been missing out i dont have many of these :p

Deus Ex Visible war sucks take it off that list
as well as halo a horrible port
i would do

1.) Rise of nations-multi is waaay to cool a lan party favorite
2.) COD-amazing single player, multi is also decent at the LAN
3.) Max Payne 2-short but every moment was jaw dropping
4.) KOTOR-very well done RPG, still need to finish though
5.) VICE CITy-very very gool and i love scarface to so go figure
6.) Tiger Woods PGA tour 2004-great way to kill time at work
7.) Tron 2.0 a good movie to game game for once very cool gfx
8.) Homeworld 2-not as revolutionary as before but still a great game.
9.) Armed And Dangerous-funny and kept me entertained which is more than laot of games can say, to bad no multi
10.) AOM-TITANS-very good expansion pack and made this a lan favorite again.

Re: Gamespys top 10 PC Games of the year...

El-Scotto said:
10. Railroad Tycoon 3
9. Tron 2.0
8. Max Payne 2
7. Rise of Nations
6. Halo
5. Deus Ex: Invisible War
4. Tiger Woods PGA tour 2004
3. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
2. GTA: Vice City
1. Call of Duty

so what are your opinions on this list? apparently ive been missing out i dont have many of these :p

10. Dont know didnt play
9. I personally didnt find the demo to be anything special, maybe the full game was a lot better.
8. Awsome storyline, great graphics and sound, but short
7. Good game all around, i liked the new empires game better thogh
6. Halo PC, should not be on any best pc games list, it was a sloppy port, didnt enjoy it that much at all.
5. Didnt play it but heard many many bad things about it
4. didnt play
3. My personal game of the year, awsome all the way around, id recommend it to anyone.
2. Played the PS2 version and it was good but never played this version
1. i thought call of duty wasnt anything particularly special, its like moh with better graphics, should be on the top 10 list but not #1 imho

um no RRT3 was goo but not great, i still prefer the 1st over the second thats why it is not on the "top" 10

Agreeing with armed and dangerous but as number two, and I do agree that Call of Duty should be number one.
I was playing at about 2am one night when one of my forces peered around a corner at me, it was so friggin real I had to say, good night.

And if I wanted a choo choo i would get one that goes in circles around the Christmas tree.

Even though I didn't care for final fantasy xi it still should be on the list.
POP as well. Possibly Beyond good and evil, silent hill 3 looked good as well. Maybe i'm a little off but didn't warcraft 3 frozen throne come out this year? That game took more of my time than any other game it deserves the list. Even though it was just an expansion it still ruled.

NewbiePerson said:

Why shoult it be on the list if you haven't played it? I DID play it and lemme tell ya that was the biggest stinking pile of garbage since Anarchy Online.

EDIT: Oops sorry misread what ya said, thought you said you had not played it! Anyways I still think it was bad, just about any other game that came out this year could go ahead of it as far as I am concerned.

I played the demo of RT3 and thought it was pretty awesome. Still needs alot more track control options, but overall it's more challenging and realistic than RT2.

Dunno why alot of people are bashing it. I'm thinking of buying it for myself and my little bro since we're both into trains as well as sim games.

As for top 10 lists, imo it's better to make your own list and post it on the forums. Personal opinion by people you know will always make more sense than gaming magazines. :)

I'm a few missions into the Russian part of Call of Duty. So far, it does seem like one of the best games I've played, ever. I think it belongs at number 1 as of now, unless it pulls something and has a horrible ending (but how can it? Allies win.) Vice City is one of my favorite games from this year, too. Max Payne 2 was a great game to play once, but I didn't feel like playing a 2nd 3rd 4th or whatever-th time to truely finish it.

But, while I havn't played Deus Ex 2, I've played the demo, and, my disappointment with that, combine with the bad reviews from forums, it makes me think this list should hold no weight anywhere. Oddly, though, I hear a lot of good things about DE2 from different reviews. It seems like only the average gamer doesn't like it, but publications do. Of course, only an idiot would think the publication is more right.

Wow. Can't believe the don't have Raven Shield on that list. Truth be told that it has had its fair share of bugs, but still, its a great game in my opinion.

NewbiePerson said:
POP as well. Possibly Beyond good and evil, silent hill 3 looked good as well. Maybe i'm a little off but didn't warcraft 3 frozen throne come out this year? That game took more of my time than any other game it deserves the list. Even though it was just an expansion it still ruled.

I'd say a MMO game should never (atleast for now) be put on a top 10 list. Fun in those games depends far to much on the people you play with. The best MMO game doesn't come close to a decent SP game unless you play with good people. Play solo or with so-so to bad people and they suck. For the most part no plot, never a personalized story line and 99% of the time spent on the tredmill (most MMO games) makes for a very shallow experience if you exclude the fun with friends factor.

Re: Re: Gamespys top 10 PC Games of the year...

my top5:

1. tron 2.0
2. nfsu
3. max payne2
4. vice city
5. generals: 0 hour exp

*goes to borrow COD from a friend*

Deus Ex: IW is auctally pretty good if you can get it to play decently on your computer. After a few changes I can play max settings @ 1028x768 just fine. But for some reason AA doesnt work in this game :( .

Hmmmm interesting list there... but I'd like to point out one game that EVERYBODY (especially corporate biggots like Gamespot) have overlooked this year:

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

It's gotta be one of the best multiplayer games this year; second to Call of Duty anyways, but it's free! And still it has as many people playing (on most days) as BF1942, which is as not free as they come.

I know people like Gamespot and IGN have overlooked this game because it isnt on anyone's bestseller list, but it makes no sense to me why there arent more people playing the game... it's fun, addicting, and FREE!

It's gotta be #1 on my list this year, even though there were better games out there (COD) they came out too late to capture my fancy like RTCW-ET did early this summer.

Back