• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

????gc?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turando

here in the uk i have seen the "Leadtek Geforce A340TDH GeForce FX 5200 128MB" for £69.00, is this the best bang for the buck? i mean its fully compat with dx9 and everything and it seems o.k, but will it keep up with new games and future for a while? ive heard talk of the fx 5600, but i cant find any uk store with it???

Cheers, Turando

I think the 5200Ultra is decent, it is better than the the GF4 MX series and the 9000/9200 collection, although that doesnt have the Ultra at the end of it, so I would probably give it a miss unless planning on overclocking it the full mile - the price is alright thouhg for what it is, but if it where the Ultra it would be something I would buy if I where looking at that range anything significantly better is also significantly dearer and although I havent seen a direct comparison with the 9100 I would say its on par if not edging performance on it.

I would personally steer clear of the 5600...the Ti4200s replacement seems to be doing a bad job of exactly that - it performs pretty much on a par with it, yet lags behing in numerous tests.

Last edited:
ninthebin said:
I

I would personally steer clear of the 5600...the Ti4200s replacement seems to be doing a bad job of exactly that - it performs pretty much on a par with it, yet lags behing in numerous tests.

well if he's whanting dx 9 compatable card at ti 4200 performance than i'd say go for the 5600 ultra. the 5200 is cheap and it' cheap for a reason. good for general gaming, but it would have a hard time keeping up with a ti 4200!

i keeep hearing that the 5600 ultra is no better than i g-force4 but i don't see anyone with one. just talk if you ask me. for one thing you can compare apples to oranges. they are totoaly differant cards. the g4 can't support dx9 nor pixel shader 2.0 or CG a couple of other fetures.

i'm getting a leadtek a310 fx 5600 ultra to try and smash this gforce 4 comparison that every one seems so dead set on. it's in fedex hands as we speek. if you are a seriouse gamer and you can't aford the 5600 ultra atleast get the non ultra and o/c it.;)

Back