• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ge Force MX vs Voodooo 3 2000 .. Voodoo wins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaKa

Registered
I have a Ge force 2 MX and my brother has a vodooo 3 2000 ... ok I was running Max Payne and I reached a big scenario
(Docks) so it started running a slow :mad:
. It was at 800 X 600 32 bits, so my brother said that my video card was crap and I should try using his. I installed his Voodoo and it was perfect. The frame rate was excelent!!
I am using the 5.33 driver witn the Ge Force i think andhis Voodoo isusing some old driver too.

I'd like to know if maybe there is some problem with my card or his Voodoo Open GL is actually better than my Sh*ty D3D support?

Thanks

I had problems in UT with D3D getting low framerates at 1027x768x32. So I swapped over to OpenGL, and it's smooth as buttah! So try your Geforce with OpenGL. And if you're using a voodoo card, use Glide, for the love of God!

5.33 seems a bit early to me...try getting det 3 drivers,and wait a while till you get det 4s

thanks

i tried to get the dets from Nvidia and the both 12.41windows blablabla and 12.41 without windows thing and they both didnt work!
im tryig to find them elsewhere

Thanks

That sounds strange. Yes, be sure to get the latest driver updates. Also - is his V3 2000 a PCI card? I'm guessing your MX is an AGP card. If they're different, make sure that your AGP is running at the max (4x if possible). Other than that, I'm not sure. I really don't think that's supposed to happen, although I could be mistaken.

Also.....one thing to point out, UT is a game based on Glide and favors the 3DFX cards. I dont know about Max Payne though, I have the same card and dl'ed the newest drivers from the Nvidia sight and havent had any problems.

TUK101 said:
Also.....one thing to point out, UT is a game based on Glide and favors the 3DFX cards. I dont know about Max Payne though, I have the same card and dl'ed the newest drivers from the Nvidia sight and havent had any problems.
I also have a Voodoo 3 and the MX card beats it in almost every area. The V 3 is a fine card for an older one though.

There is no way a V3 can keep up with a GF2MX, unless of course as others stated the software is written for glide.

Those drivers definately do sound way to old. I do know my bro's V3 2000 he had was typically 20FPS slower in the exact same system compared to the GF2MX that it was replaced with.

Shawn

All I can say is that when you start tweaking the V3 2000-3000 you can REALLY get them to spread thier muscels, I used to have a 2000 and 3000, Gave the 3000 to a friend to use for awhile and I still have the 2000, its in my dads pc, retired as it was my first 3d card, man it gave me plenty of hours of fun....ah those were the days...

I have a voodoo2 2.5 in this baby..for glide apps..im waiting for my ATI Radeon to come in from RMA....man even this vooodoo2 has some muscle to show. Wish 3dfx would come back from the dead...:(

Oh well ATI is good (eerrr GREAT!). Cant have just one, nvidia , Would suck a big phat one.

Back