• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geezzzzzz ... It's a hobby !!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawki

Why does someone put braided hoses on their 67 Camero or 33 inch tires on their Tacoma?? It's a hobby, its fun and looks pretty kewl!!

So Sorry ... this was supposed to be in "Why Worry About Temps?"
Can you tell I'm a Newbie here????

Richard

Nothing wrong with hobbies.

As you get older, hobbies become more important. ...laugh... Especially, when you have the money to actually support your hobbies.

It's just that I notice that a lot of people involved in overclocking come into this hobby with unrealistic expectations. When I rant and rave about the excessive costs of certain heatsinks; I'm trying to bring a sense of reality back into "our" world. I know that some people honestly don't care about the high costs. To those people I say, "Go for it"! To the one's that are involved in this hobby and yet don't have the dinero to throw away I say, "You might want to rethink that."

Overclocking, as a hobby, really isn't as clear cut as a classic car restoration project. Many people view overclocking as a means to and end. What end? To get the most for their money!

For others it's all about bragging rights.

Keep that in mind.

Hawki (Mar 22, 2001 05:19 p.m.):
Why does someone put braided hoses on their 67 Camero or 33 inch tires on their Tacoma?? It's a hobby, its fun and looks pretty kewl!!

So Sorry ... this was supposed to be in "Why Worry About Temps?"
Can you tell I'm a Newbie here????

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
HMMMMmmmm.....now there's a thought. Braided stainless hose for the watercooling rig...what color anodizing on the fittings though???? Hmmmm...Clear lexan reservoir...hmmm. Where's my Visa card?!?