• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 2 MX DH Pro & Twin View??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wildfire

Hi

I've just got hold of a new 17"monitor, so want to use it with my existing one on my GeForce 2 MX DH Pro. But all I can get is Horizontal or Vertical pan modes. I would like 1024 x 768 on both monitors. ie. they both have seperate resolutions the best I can get is 2048 x 768.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chris

Pinky

I'm not at my PC (at work right now),. but if I remember right there's a setting in the display properties for determining which type of twinview to use; I know the card's capable of it, and leadtek's drivers set comes with a nifty utility to set this up.

Unfortunately I bought the dual head but have no needed 2 monitors (yet).

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

Hi Pinky

Would be really great if you can use it with two monitrs with one at 1280 x 1024 and the other at 1024 x 768.

I am running Windows 2000 and 98se.

Thanks

Wildfire

Pinky

Wildfire (Jul 09, 2001 04:34 p.m.):
Hi Pinky

Would be really great if you can use it with two monitrs with one at 1280 x 1024 and the other at 1024 x 768.

I am running Windows 2000 and 98se.

Thanks

Wildfire

Alright, got home -- see the settings, but without a second monitor I can't change/test anything...

Is your's a leadtek card? Try the software on their installation cd.

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

Hi

Unfortuneately had to convert back to my G400 Max as I had work to do. It is slooooowww.

Yes my card is a Leadtek, and I can't get the Winfox utility to run in 2K.

Pinky, what options for twin view do you have in 2000? I have: Clone, Vertical pan and Horizontal pan.

Thanks Wildfire

Pinky

Wildfire (Jul 11, 2001 07:26 a.m.):
Hi

Unfortuneately had to convert back to my G400 Max as I had work to do. It is slooooowww.

Yes my card is a Leadtek, and I can't get the Winfox utility to run in 2K.

Pinky, what options for twin view do you have in 2000? I have: Clone, Vertical pan and Horizontal pan.

Thanks Wildfire

Again, not at home this moment -- but I did have the same 3 options (all greyed out like I said). I believe clone is the one you want, but I though you could assign certain windows/apps to certain monitors/views... keep tweaking, you're bound to hit a sweet spot. The instruction manual should also clue you in. See my other post concerning using Nvidia and leadtek drivers for winfox/etc.

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

Ok, just gone back to the GeForce and got the new drivers and Winfox. But I've still got the three modes. Clone does actually just clone the monitor, which I think is a bit pointless. But hey. I've emailed Leadtek so hopefully they'll reply.

Thanks for the help Pinky. Where is your post on WinFox and Leadtek cards?

Pinky

Again, I'm certain there's a way for windows to know to load an app on one monitor... maybe using the shared/widescreen feature and dragging the windows from one to the other... like I said, I personally haven't used this feature... I hope Leadtek can offer you an answer.