• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 5....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Launch date is: Monday November 18th at 3:00PM Mountain Eastern time :)

It will also not be called GeForce, but rather use a new name shyme hence its a 100% brand new architecture.

OC-Master

great that's what i need. another expensive even faster video card, hopefully it runs on agp 8x. still no games out that don't need anything faster than a geforce 3. oh yeah, doom4 is coming right? right? i've been hearing that for two years now.:(

yeah, agp 8x increased the bandwith for the agp slot even further for games that don't even come close to using the current bandwith. i guess it is getting it ready for future games, like doom3.;)

forget about gf4 4200, r9500 will be about its price with the performance of a gf4 4600 and the quality of r9700. NV30 might also drop r9500 prices a bit since r9500 is coming out in a month or so...

PhobMX said:
forget about gf4 4200, r9500 will be about its price with the performance of a gf4 4600 and the quality of r9700. NV30 might also drop r9500 prices a bit since r9500 is coming out in a month or so...

Where does the R9500 Pro beat the GF4s? All of the benchs I am seeing show the R9500 behind even the 3200, never mind the 4600. What benchs are you looking at?

DDRII is like RDRAM where there are two channels. So two 64 bit channels equals one 128 bit channel. RDRAM has two 16 bit channels which equals one 32bit channel. To me it would make me assume the reason for ddr doing this is to have slower memory but with out a performence loss. Cheaper for us :) But I guess you could call it Quad-data rate... but technically it still would be double data rate just in two channels.

Anaxagoras1986 said:

Where does the R9500 Pro beat the GF4s? All of the benchs I am seeing show the R9500 behind even the 3200, never mind the 4600. What benchs are you looking at?

Here

thats raw performance, crap detail and stock cooling so it indeed looks slower, get a cooljag crank up aniso and FSAA higher than 4x and gf4 4600 is worth a fat cow...

What are they going to name it?
BTW, nice Avatar fuzzy. Seems like everyone is getting some nice pic of a girl around here!

Back