• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce FX Benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaddyB

That is supposed to kill the 9700? The GFFX does 105FPS on Asbestos at 1280x1024 with 4xFSAA and 4xAF and the 9700 does 71FPS at 4xFSAA with 16x AF (keep in mind ATi's 16x AF is equal to nvidia's 64x AF...4xAF on the GFFX is equal to 1x on the 9700). There is a comparison of the 2 different methods of AF on this page. If the 9700 was using equal settings it would likely score 90+ FPS, Im gonna look for more 9700 benches to compare to the GFFX ones you found, nice find BTW.

9700 benches

funnyperson1

the important question is, is that DoomIII a lot more optimized than the EIII alpha? because they were rnning 800x600 medium detail at EIII on the 9700Pro...now its 1280x1024 high detail....

DaddyB

Well if you look closely in the bottom right hand corner of the picture you can see it says 3Ghz P4, I dont think it would have been run on that back at E3 and the benches I posted from anand are on a P4 2.53. I would think it would be a newer revision of the alpha at least, its been more then 6 months since E3.

dropadrop

I read somewhere that the g-force fx is not yet running at the speed it will be running at when it comes out. Right now it was less then 200mhz core, and beta drivers. If that's true, then these benchmarks would have to be guesses, and not official?

Darkseid

guesses or fakes...

i hate when they use % and no real FPS (yes, ATI started that)

PS: i just realize that i`m very easy to get mad about things this week, i have to look some way to relax i think

Darkseid

wow, totally agree with you johnny, this is getting worse, we all get mad when ATI wouldn`t let some site to post all the graphs of the r9700 but only the best ones, but that nvidia actually GAVE them the graphs is.... well i have the word but i don`t know how translate it, that sucks...

Last edited:

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I don't think that NV30 will be all that impressive. The specs underlying about it's programmability over the GF4 is very nice, but in practice won't be utilized for some time. Looks like a nice card, will be an expensive card, but won't dominate the 9700 Pro like it did to Gf4

Ghost68

i get 29fps with those the same settings in the nature demo (1280x1024 4xAA + 8xAF) and im only running @ 1750mhz right now...

*edit*almost forgor: ooh look at that its a whole 28% faster on a p4 3ghz.....

ill do the ut2003 test a bit later...

Last edited: