• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce FX Official

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wommalong

It's true checkTHIS

In short:

The NVIDIA® GeForce FX GPU ushers in a new era of graphics and gaming. With the GeForce FX powering your graphics experiences, you can run applications and games at higher resolutions and at speeds never before possible. Everything a bleeding-edge gamer desires is packed inside this powerhouse of a processor, including the latest high-speed DDR2 memory, an expansive AGP 8X pipeline and unparalleled Intellisample technology—driving scenes of unrivalled beauty at unmatched speeds.

Power and performance, the two elements every gamer craves, are the heart and soul of the GeForce FX. Powered by pure adrenaline and engineered with a passion for perfection, the GeForce FX delivers cinematic effects beyond imagination. Its CineFX engine produces gaming effects on par with the hottest motion pictures. Combined with the industry’s first true 128-bit studio-quality color processing technology, 3D worlds and characters are more real than anything that’s come before

Silversinksam said:
This site has fantastic pictures of this card, all I can say is Feb. can't get here fast enough :eh?:

http://www.ukgamer.com/article.php4?id=208&page=1

Here's my favorite pic, looks like they put a real heatsink on this, if it works half as good as it looks well that'll make alot of us smile :)

http://images.ukgamer.com/previews/fx/profile_large.jpg
toms :rolleyes: says the big coolers aren't really that effective and are REALLY REALLY LOUD.

take that with a grain of salt. (or a whole carton)

i see that its copper.. which can't be too bad. the fan contraption may not be a real good design though. dunno. way to early to tell.

Maxvla said:

toms :rolleyes: says the big coolers aren't really that effective and are REALLY REALLY LOUD.

i see that its copper.. which can't be too bad. the fan contraption may not be a real good design though. dunno. way to early to tell.

Time will tell, but i can tell you I don't listen to Tom since that Innovotech Vs Swiftech roundup, you know the one where Tom forgot to use the fan ;) :beer:

Is there going to be a low end card? I have a Radeon 8500LE, but I want to switch to Nvidia for the actual linux support *spits on ATI*

Maxvla said:

Yeah, to me the hsf "looks" like it can handle the job. But what caught my eye was the thermal interface pads that they have between the ram and heatsink. See those little plae blue thingies, yeah they look like they are gonna be heat traps to me. I have the Gf4 ti-4600 evga.com with ACS2 cooling and its got those crappppppy rubber thermal (insulators) pads on it too. If they are gonna spend $400 mill on this card can't they come up with a way to cool the ram without the little rubber pads? I mean come on...Intel & AMD don't need no stinkin' rubber pads for thier cooling solutions!!

Well according to AMD thermal pads are better then thermal grease. The little representative at the reality check tour spewed the following information:

1. Themal pads are best, thermal grease sucks because after a time period of ~ 1 year it all flows away and leaves the core with air spaces.

2. Artic silver will short out and kill your chip.

3.All copper heatsinks are to heavy for the socket, and do not cool as well as an aluminum heatsink with copper slug. He thought the absoulte best heatsink was some asian brand thing that looked alot like that doctor thermal extreme thing, decent heatsink but no slk-800 :).

So maybe nvidia believes the same things as amd, all I know is I like my sk-7 with as3 :)

large03.jpg

Simply amazing.

DipStickTony said:
Well according to AMD thermal pads are better then thermal grease. The little representative at the reality check tour spewed the following information:

1. Themal pads are best, thermal grease sucks because after a time period of ~ 1 year it all flows away and leaves the core with air spaces.

2. Artic silver will short out and kill your chip.

3.All copper heatsinks are to heavy for the socket, and do not cool as well as an aluminum heatsink with copper slug. He thought the absoulte best heatsink was some asian brand thing that looked alot like that doctor thermal extreme thing, decent heatsink but no slk-800 :).

So maybe nvidia believes the same things as amd, all I know is I like my sk-7 with as3 :)

Yeah they do look alot thinner and they are a different color. Mine are thick and grey, sounds like they were Government issue. he he

Slayn said:
Is there going to be a low end card? I have a Radeon 8500LE, but I want to switch to Nvidia for the actual linux support *spits on ATI*
i'm sure there will be at least two iterations of this card. the nv30 top of the line and then something about the performance level of the 9700 probably.

Back