• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce Now Beta Testing is pretty sweet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry, taco was "grrraaaa" yesterday I guess, therefore rant. It's probably fine because OP loves it!

If it works great, it'll be like when "true" mobile web became available with smartphones. Desktop experience "go-anywhere"

Last edited:
I believe what ED is saying there must be some sort of delay between for example moving the mouse and actually seeing the command happen on the screen. Surely it's not 3 second delay, but there must be a noticable delay.

If you click the mouse to shoot a weapon for example, how instant does the weapon actually shoot?
No its not, its barely perceptible, it is noticeable when my bandwidth dips. Which may not be the lag you are referring to. HAhahhahahahah....uugggh!

That's exactly it Taco, yep!

Problem is, I do not know anything that measures input lag and not entirely sure how it would be done since its not all a 'local' (on your PC) process. I wonder if it varied by banwidth, or, if that is another part of the reason the image degrades with lower bandwidth (so as to keep the other packets flowing smooth).

OK thanks Earthbro, thats my experience...but...just to clear that up...I just pulled the trigger on this Acer XG270HU Red 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2K 2560x1440, https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod..._27"_1ms_144HZ_WQHD_2K-_-24-009-769-_-Product

Im feeling buyers remorse but I need to eventually get off this laptop

Last edited:
If you have a display port the HD 520 also supports 4k. DP 1.2/eDP 1.3 max. resolution 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz

Thanks for the sweet info bro! I do have a HDMI out on my laptop, I need to see what it is though 1.2 or 1.3...I need to dig a bit deeper. My laptop Intel graphics control panel has custom resolutions, but the warning box about possible damage to my laptop kinda freaked me out cause right now this is my only rig. So when I get this Acer 27" OVERKILL MONITOR, I can play with those settings. Wow, is it gonna look weird hooked to my laptop. LOL...thanks wingman99

Later I can start to piece my desktop rig together. I have been saving money to build a rig, thats where the Acer 27" came from

This aint Sparta...THIS IS OVERCLOCKERS.COM!

I would think what you see is downloading bandwidth and your input is separate upload bandwidth.

Bandwidth != latency. DSL bandwidth has never been as great as cable, yet practically any DSL connection will give cable's latency a wedgie. Your input controls, assuming they're locked to the graphics refresh rate, are going to be a few hundred bytes / second at most. Bandwidth is irrelevant there, even on my old Commodore Vicmodem.

I meant to say upload and download bandwidth ping.:D

My 27" Acer 144hrz gaming monitor will be here on Thur. I will post some screens when I get it all hooked up. So far each night after work I play a couple of hours in Geforce Now at 1080p on my laptop and no problems. Every once in awhile it gets glitchy-choppy for a few seconds, (once every other day) but it quickly smooths out and never stays that way. I am assuming its a dip in my comcast bandwidth.

screens on Thur folks!

Sounds good can't wait to see.:) The glitchy-choppy for a few seconds once every other day does not sound too bad.

Last edited:
I have to say.... I want your CONNECTION :) I have a ADSL line that is PEGGED @ 2.1 MB/S from AT&T. If you toss in the wife streaming a movie to her APPLE BOX :cry:
I have tried several MP games but the lag was too much and just turned me off altogether :( Now if I had a FAT PIPE like that, I would never have stopped DownLoading :comp:

I have the option of choosing Comcast over AT&T Uverse BUT I live ~ 1mile from the main road. Comcast has come 5 different times and the LOWEST I can get them to run me a cable line is over $2k, that's just the hookup fee :(

Bandwidth Speed.jpg

I have to say.... I want your CONNECTION :) I have a ADSL line that is PEGGED @ 2.1 MB/S from AT&T. If you toss in the wife streaming a movie to her APPLE BOX :cry:
I have tried several MP games but the lag was too much and just turned me off altogether :( Now if I had a FAT PIPE like that, I would never have stopped DownLoading :comp:

I have the option of choosing Comcast over AT&T Uverse BUT I live ~ 1mile from the main road. Comcast has come 5 different times and the LOWEST I can get them to run me a cable line is over $2k, that's just the hookup fee :(

View attachment 197619

That's some nice download speeds, buddy! At least you don't have CenturyStink. A 5 GB update on this connection takes longer than I'm going to play the damn game. :bang head
centurystink.JPG

Well, can you buy a few rolls from Lowe's and do it yourself then have them connect?

I wish :thup: Somehow they splice/jack into the already run cable. I own the land from home to road, so no neighbors :( CAT5e has a max distance of 325ft - 350ft. I've looked at using WiFi but then I'm using my neighbors connection. I'm dropping his speed and such. That's a can of worms I'd like not to mess with:)

- - - Updated - - -

That's some nice download speeds, buddy! At least you don't have CenturyStink. A 5 GB update on this connection takes longer than I'm going to play the damn game. :bang head
View attachment 197620

DAM!!!! BROTHER.... You make ME feel like I'm connected to a FIOS system :) That looks like dial-up speed :cry:

Wow is this Acer 27 beautiful or what?

Attachments

• acer 27 (Medium).jpg
    acer 27 (Medium).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 58
I can set the resolution to 2560x1440 @60hz but no matter what I try in the Intel HD520 control panel it says I have exceeded the bandwidth. My HDMI port cannot handle anything above 60Hz. My comcast bandwidth is stellar, my Acer monitor can handle it but not the hertz. Still gaming at 2k is very cool. This is the highest resolution I have ever gamed at and I LIKE IT!

Attachments

• resize 12.gif
    resize 12.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
Heey, she's cute! Unless Acer is a he. Then it would be weird.

Last edited:
Overall, I am very impressed with Geforce Now. Its been 3 weeks and the only problem was the glitchy-choppy intermittent problem that hasn't happened in a week. The image quality is excellent. This product is great as long as its affordable when it is released to the public. I mean, I don't see a need to even buy a video card from what I have experienced. A couple screens from FO4 & Doom, the fps is solid at 60 through each game with all eye candy turned up to Ultra on every setting. Remember, Im on a laptop and my Acer 27 is on the HDMI out.

Side note...I wonder if the 60fps is just a cap from Geforce Now?

Attachments

• resize 3.gif
    resize 3.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • resize 5.gif
    resize 5.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
Looks nice.:drool: If Geforce now did support higher than 60FPS your PC does not, so I would not worry about it.

I doubt it'll be more economical. More convenient, probably yes. I wonder how they'll charge for membwrship?

Back