• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER and 2070 SUPER review - Guru3D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Navi has already been priced dropped to come in cheaper, instead of on par.
indeed a good time! It will be interesting to see where this shakes out. It seems like from rumors you can choose from either a:

Slightly more expensive, slightly faster, less power use and noise card with rtx super (yippee, but its still a feature). Or a slightly cheaper, slightly slower (v the super), but with more power use and louder (until aib cards come out).

Last edited:
Personally would rather pay the premium and get a RTX Super as there are already games that use the feature - was already on the ball between a 2070 and a 2080 for my Ryzen 2 build, now it's between a 2070 Super and a 2080 Super for (supposedly) the same price :thup:

I am not upgrading until the fall so I get to wait and see where is lands for best 1440p/dollar. Or if they have any new navi on the way for the holiday season.

Someone is trying out he's newfound theatrical flair :D Also at ~5m20s, nVidia is discontinuing the standard 2070/2080 models and "directly replacing them" for the 2070 super/2080 super ???

Last edited:
I don't see that happening by next year.

I do. New PlayStation and Xbox systems (aren’t they due in 2020?) are supposed to have RT abilities so more games will be developed to take advantage of that on the consoles which means more pc versions of those games supporting it as well. A few big pc games for late 2019 and 2020 have announced RT support. It’s coming bro. :D

I do. New PlayStation and Xbox systems (aren’t they due in 2020?) are supposed to have RT abilities so more games will be developed to take advantage of that on the consoles which means more pc versions of those games supporting it as well. A few big pc games for late 2019 and 2020 have announced RT support. It’s coming bro. :D

Project Scarlet is holidays 2020, so a year and 5 months away roughly. Also means that the AMD ray tracing will be out by that time as well.

Considering the performance hit, and consoles being low end hardware, I think you'll more likely see a simulator type processing than RT. But I could be wrong.

Considering the performance hit, and consoles being low end hardware, I think you'll more likely see a simulator type processing than RT. But I could be wrong.
Its playable at 60 fps on a 2080 at 2560x1440 w/ ultra and ultra RT (BF V).

Also, since its coding for a single machine, tweaks can be made easier... like apple phones for example... 1 OS, one hardware setup... etc.

Since AMD is on board, it's coming in consoles, you can bet more momentum is on the way. Again, it takes time. Dont punish the innovator for being first...I recall the same cries for Vulcan and whatever other api AMD came out with...!

Last edited:
I wasn't picking on Team Green, just noting the pricing tier difference between using a 2080 and an Xbox. The console crowd may not be very receptive to a $1000 PS6. LOL

Also, since its coding for a single machine, tweaks can be made easier..

Good point, there. I missed that when posting. :thup: Then again, a lot of games are then ported to PC.

Relevant RT info at 7:08.

My TLDR; AMD claims it's processor (CPU) intensive. My take is they may be setting it up to take advantage of core count, thereby sticking another fork in Intel's gaming dominance.
As always, the opinions expressed in this post are those of the poster and should be used only for general derision, doubt, and argumentative purposes. Proceed.

Or that could be a huge performance hit...a cpu cant do what a gpu does well. That said, I have no idea how it works, lol, but its likely offloading something the cpu CAN do well.

But it could suck for the majority running 'only' a quad core or something if it leverages cores.

It's still way too early to speculate either way how that works and what cpu is needed nor how much the cpu helps.. etc. Point is, RT seeks like its here to stay and will be picking more momentum. Looks like amd walking the plank with them.

Last edited:
Finally, a legit reason for gamers to grab 8c/16t+ CPU's :rofl:

I remember reading somewhere (in a Magazine or Forum) that AMD/Intel already have RT running in software. It has been used in many of the past 5+ years of movies. This of course requires MANY CPU's/CORES for the photo-realistic look. NVidia jumping in with (Some but not all RT capabilities) RT on a Video Card and MS adding it to DX12 is BIG. I'm not sure HOW this will affect Intel ( Is this why they are working on a GPU now??? ) BUT AMD is in a position to supply both sides ( Either CPU or GPU ).
IIRC Ray Tracing can be Back Ported to Current AAA games that shipped without it, Thus by next year all Major AAA games will have RT.

Thus by next year all Major AAA games will have RT.
geez, even I'm not that optimistic, lol.

Never going to happen that way... but we will get a lot more momentum since new consoles in 2020 will support it.

Anyone know when the RTX 2080 Super embargo gets lifted so we can see some benches? i would have thought it be a week before launch like the 2060/2070 suppers were.

Back