• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce2 GTS Overclock Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moosedick

I have an Elsa Gladiac Geforce2 GTS card. I removed the stock cooler and put on a blue orb with arctic silver. I can overclock the card to about 370 memory and about 230 core to run 3DMark 2001 stable. However, when I play the game "Project IGI" for less than 20 minutes, the game freezes. When I reboot the Elsa chipguard comes up and says it was overclocked too high. It does this even when I overclock it a to a mere 345memory and 210 core. I don't know what to think. It is really annoying. I don't have anything to tell me the temp of the card either. My PIII 700mhz is overclocked to 980mhz but that has proven to me that it is stable with everything else. Any ideas? Thanks
Asus CUSL2-C Mobo
Corsair PC150
PIII 700 @ 980 1.9V

Probably not the card. If it runs everything else fine, that tells me the program/software is having issues... check the drivers, try the 6.5 reference first (they always work), and make sure direct X is at version 8.0

why don`t u just use the Nvidia`s reference drivers???
and also try out the Nvmax.
very good prog if u know what u r doing..

GOD....

Back