• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce2 mx runs like a turtle in 3dmark 2000....High Polygon count is low....as opposed to sperm c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clock-n-roll

Registered
GeForce2 mx runs like a turtle in 3dmark 2000....High Polygon count is low....as opposed to sperm c

I just bought a MSI starforce 818 Geforce2 mx card to replace my TNT2 card. I plugged the card in, reloaded the detonator drivers ran 3dmark 2000, and viola!....3320 score.

I have tried just about every trick in the book, and everything seems up to snuff except My high polygon count is really really low 1 light= 671 ktriangles/sec ,4 light= 661,and 8 light= 671

My card is getting trounced by everything (even my M64 TNT2) in this area. What can be done to improve this?

using 4 in 1 4.32

Hybrid Nvidia Det 7.78/10.80/12.60 ( this hybrid gives me the best performance/picture quality than any 1 driver) and I did try 6 others just to make sure this wasnt it.

Blue orb on GPU

every mobo adjustment I could think of

My system is :
Duron 650@800
256mb Hyundai PC133
FIC AZ11-E mobo
Quantum fireball 6.4 hdd
MSI Geforce2 mx 32mb
I dont get it..... could this possibly be a motherboard issue? .
any Ideas?...please

Thanks in advance!!!

my .0002 cents. I really dont think its your mobo, i jsut read a review on it and it seems like a pretty good board, its even ddr.. you got a great card too

I have been having the same issues with low 3dmark 2000/2001 scores. It's not my card, my mobo, my memory, or my drivers. I think it's gremlins, because I'm not the only one having these fantom issues with Geforce MX cards (particularly).

Hey Pinky WASSSAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa

Welcome to the club that is soon to be named "What is wrong with my GeForce MX card"
Sorry the name is so long winded but it should make for an interesting shirt.
I just put up a post about all my 3Dmark scores on my Geforce 2MX 400 64mb card. I'v tweaked and tweaked that thing and havn't gotten very far with it either. Overclocking the card is about the only thing that gave me any large improvements. I'm guessing that's what's in store for me next. I'm waiting to see what others say about my testing before I get "upset" and start overclock tests on the card. When I do start i'll post results and ideas for everyone else to read.

I know this is huge stretch, but do you think your AGP may be set to 2x in your bios instead of 4x?

Heres what you need to do. Go to FIC website and download the most recent drivers, when installing them make sure they install in 4x mode. Then go into the bois and enable 4x mode. Then re-install the drivers that came with your card and that should do it. I had the same problem with my mx200 card. I went from a 672 to a 1264 in 3d mark 2001 by just making those changes.

zoopa_man (Jul 06, 2001 11:09 a.m.):
Welcome to the club that is soon to be named "What is wrong with my GeForce MX card"

I fixed my problems since this post, they appear to have been cpu/mobo related as now I am getting much nicer scores.

I fixed my problem too....
I sent the card back to Newegg and got the Readeon LE instead....should be here first thing in the mornin

Thanks for all the replies folks, everything you had suggested was tried more than once. So I gave up. I was the Nvidia fan, now gonna try ATI

L8R`z

Back