• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce2MX Probs.. :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronin

Registered
Well, like the dumbass I am, I formatted my PC without saving all the little details about my vid card. Now, i only get....gasp....400 3DMarks. :( Before, I had 1203. To a user such as I, you cling to every mark you have. I cant even play RTCW fast anymore :(. It was less than 1fps in multiplayer before I installed Omega Drivers v1.1.82. Now it runs nicer. I get 661 3DMarks, but still.... :(

Anything that can help me bring back my marks? Besides marks, actually being able to play a damn game. Image Quality isnt my concern at all, I need fps! Any settings at all will help me :(.

OP
R

Ronin

Registered
550Mhz
256MB
XP
GF2MX400PCI
Original 3DMark 2001.

Others are getting 1400-1500, im angry now. With a PCI infact.

Yodums

Ronin said:
Laugh at me. :(

Off topic but I don't think anyone will/should laugh at someone because of their rig. It's disrespectful and it's just as bad as laughing at someone because they can't afford top notch clothes etc. It's all good. Treat others how you would like to be treated. You won't find that kind of attitude hanging around these forums and if you do they change quickly ;)

OP
R

Ronin

Registered
:D

I always try to hold money to buy some pc parts, but eh, I always buy something else :\

Still need help! :D

Yodums

Try looking through the archieves of guru3d.com/files and find the lastest drivers. Omega drivers are built for fix bugs and not built for performance, the drivers in the Guru3d archieves are built to even out performance and quality etc instead of pure quality.

Try overclocking your card using Riva Tuner as well if you're interested in higher speeds.

What I said is basically what quegyboe said earlier up.

quegyboe

Did you install your motherboard drivers? Looks to me like you need the VIA 4in1's. Install those and see how you do.

KewlKid2000+

i have that same card, only agp and get 2500 on my rig./// specs on bottom. i think this card is crap and deserves to be melted as soon as the new nvidia cards come out... no offense :eek: i feel a cheap geforce 4 mx 400 will easily replace this for like 60 bux this winter

xbiker321

Download Direct X 8.1 from download.com

Uninstall all video card drivers and download the 30.82 official drivers from NVidia.com

And Pray ;)

If all else fails try reinstalling 3D Mark.

Doofie27cp2

Banned
yes i have that exact card, except AGP. I think the lower bus speeds from PCI might have a little bit to do with it. Other than that, i get 2800+ marks in 3dmark 2001. ITs probly because my system allows it to max out

quegyboe

You people have to remember that the PCI bus hurts the GF2 line ALOT. No AGP texturing, no AGP bus speed or anything. That is a serious bottleneck. Aswell, he is running on a K6-3 CPU, which as good as they are, is still another major bottleneck.

OP
R

Ronin

Registered
I'lll twidle with it later today, but I'm seeing pentium 2 chips beating me, its not right :(. I'll come back later today.

OP
R

Ronin

Registered
k...

Ended up going to 29.42 drivers. Score increased...8 points. :\

Thats with OC'ing as well. Im at 182/172. Any higher and it squirms and locks up.

Tell me, is it Service Pack 1? :(

OP
R

Ronin

Registered
But the thing is, ive gotten 1200. People with PII score higher than 1200. I cant even play RTCW anymore. :\

Time to get 100 bux and order a mobo and xp chip :\