• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce4 Ti4200: MSI or Abit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Abit Siluro (128mb ddr) or MSI Titanium (128mb ddr)
Both of the above are GeForce4 Ti4200 cards.

Which would you pick? Or would you suggest something else all together. :)

Thanks a lot
-Ish-:beer:

attack

the albatron turbo isn't technicly a ti4200, but it's extremely OCable...but is more expensive, if your not willing to spend the extra cash for that, then I'd say go MSI, as said great software bundle

Dirty_Punk

in overclock msi is similar to abit.
abit use 4ns hynix DDR
msi use 3.6ns samsung DDR
but the hynix DDR overclocks very well, so there isn't any difference between te 2 boards.

the gpu cooler of abit is the same gpu cooler of the ti4600 and is a bit better than msi

i have tryed 2 abit ti4200
the first was an A2 core, anc can do 325/650
the second is (i use it now) an A3 core, and clock sto 335/660

this with stock cooling, with watercooling and 3° water all two card can do 355 of gpu.. probably when i'd tested the first card the ambiente temp was much highter (but i don't remember) or the heatsink doesn't fit as good as the second..

Dirty_Punk

LittlePiggie said:
ABIT AL THE WAY...just make sure it is the OTES version.

what's the difference between otes and standard in $???
i don't think that otes is so much better, if you overclock... if you don't overclock yes, otes is better :)

skitZo`

Registered
Let say if I were to get the MSI ti4200.....i should get the 64 ddr one or the 128 ddr model?

Is there any difference between the ram speeds of the 128 ddr model and the 64 ddr model

GravY

the 64mb version will overclock better than the 128mb version.. but the 128 will give you smoother game play at higher res in some games..

Arctic

Get an MSI 128MB... get the VIVO version if you can... you might not use it now but later on it might be useful...they have the best software bundle I've seen so far...

nightowl

I have the 64MB version of the Abit card and it overclocks extremely well 310/610 so far. But I was very dissapointed that I didnt get any software bundled with it not even the usual c****y game!

Cisco Kid

MSI cause the bundle and support plus overclock very well , but I would spend the extra $$ and get the albatron turbo or hold off and get R9500 Pro

cisco kid