• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeforceFX 5900 Ultra Pictures ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OpenGL

ok what do you think about this picture , real or fake? Also the way the memory is on the pcb seems to look like 256mb right?
Benchmarks @ http://www.tt-hardware.com/article.php?sid=4316

now if this is real , isnt it breaking the NDA , cause i thought it was on may 15th?

nvidia2.jpg

nvidia1.jpg

news090503_1dujour.gif

Last edited:

AllenSmoker

It looks real enough. And if x86-secret.com never signed an NDA then they arnt breaking it. Could be they got the pictures from another source or took them at a display of a demo.

FIZZ3

Looking much better in any case... no more vacuum cleaner, and promising benchmarks too.

I wish they did away with those extra power connectors on recent videocards though. Not very elegant IMHO.

funnyperson1

Well the problem is that for more powerful video cards they need more power, and until AGP Pro or PCI Express becomes standard, the AGP bus just isnt providing enough for these modern powerhouses.

Looks to be a pretty cool card, any word on a release date?

ZedBias

Looks fairly real and Sweet :D

What is NDA?

What is the price tag on that bad boy??

AllenSmoker

NDA = Non Disclosure Agreement. Contract most companies make you sign before showing you stuff so you cant talk about it before a certain date, or at all.

12si

The pic looks real to me, but I'm a little sceptical on the benches tho. Besides, the fan might look harmless, but who knows....

Evnas

Not sure about the pics (and dont really care to much till i hear some other good stuff on it), but those benchmarks are bogus for sure, lol

Evnas

Shade00 said:

Errr... k. Why?

Well, seeing as how the 5800 Ultra was beat by more then they showed in 3DMark 2003 by both the 9700 Pro, and 9800 Pro in all the benchmarks ive looked at, i doubt they are not at least "tipped" in nVidia's favor

RadRacer

Anyone have any guesses as to what the other headers on that board are for. Upper left, near the bracket. One looks like a fan header. What about the other?

Shade00

Evnas said:

Well, seeing as how the 5800 Ultra was beat by more then they showed in 3DMark 2003 by both the 9700 Pro, and 9800 Pro in all the benchmarks ive looked at, i doubt they are not at least "tipped" in nVidia's favor

Actually those scores seem about right for 3dmark03. Most recent reviews of the 5800 Ultra show that it's just a little bit behind the 9800 Pro without AA/AF. So no, I don't think those scores are bogus for the 5800 Ultra, and it's possible that they're not bogus for the 5900 (if the card exists).

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
well i do hope the benches are real,ati needs some compition!
that should drive some prices down also.

but beating a 9800pro buy 1000points in 3d2k3 just seems hopefull not real.

IR1

Still takes up the bottom PCI slot... but... who puts a PCI card right under their agp video card anyway... I know I never would.

But still.. I wont take any benchies to seriously untill there are a lot more reviews.

Just hope for Nvidias sake that thing isnt super loud.

Also... remember Nvidias very sneaky with the IQ... Wouldnt surprise me if those benchies are with the Nvids set to very low IQ.. because Nvidia still cant match Ati's IQ.

but hey competition is good.