• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeforceFX 5900 Ultra Pictures ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't like how one of the ram heatsinks does not get any air moving over it. That is an easy fix though. The bench mark numbers seem beliveable, but 1000+ point gain is questionable, b/c that is a huge difference in 2k3.

If that card cant overclock then it will probably lose the 3dmark tests, and like the other guy stated , who knows what kind of drivers they're using , remmeber last time ? I remmeber reading so many articles stating that they cheated and used bad image quality etc. but who knows it might just be a winner.

The drivers are the Detonator 50's that will probably be released along with the 5900Ultra.

I wonder what effects nVidia left out this time. :rolleyes: :D

Overall, it looks good so far. Of course we would all like to see some real benches. It should at least have SOME overclocking in it, seeing how it is an improved NV30 and the core is 50MHz lower. Nothing is guaranteed but I would say some upgraded cooling could break 500MHz.

But we'll just have to wait and see.

I am skeptical to say the least.
I guess my trust in nvidia went away the minute they rolled out their dustbuster.

When it does come out, I would not be suprized if the radeon 9900 is already there to give it the beat down :D

I have never been able to understand why nVidia cards are so damn long. Even AIW ATi cards are shorter, and they have a hell of a lot more packed onto it.

I just love how people moan and whine about how "my motherboard sucks..the ram slots are to close to the video card"...*looks in my case* ive got plenty of room, about an inch away from any memory banks...its just their damn nVidia cards :p

funnyperson1 said:
Well the problem is that for more powerful video cards they need more power, and until AGP Pro or PCI Express becomes standard, the AGP bus just isnt providing enough for these modern powerhouses.

Looks to be a pretty cool card, any word on a release date?

I can't remember saying they put that extra power connector on there for kicks. :p

Changing the bus circuitry is one option, but another option could be to decrease the power consumption by using a more efficient card or chip design. In all likelihood, that's currently not yet (economically) feasible, but could be in the future if its given some thought.
Using a more advanced manufacturing process is also likely to help, as well as reducing the number of components that comes standard on many cards.

How many people here are actually bothered by having to plug their video card in? Sure efficiency is great, but performance comes first. I think having a card like a 9700Pro/9800Pro or this NV35 is worth the extra 10 seconds to plug the card into your power supply. :D

Evnas said:
I have never been able to understand why nVidia cards are so damn long. Even AIW ATi cards are shorter, and they have a hell of a lot more packed onto it.

Longer is better! Er...wait, nevermind. ;)

It might be a leftover mental block from the 3dfx designers.

Anyways, like someone said before, I don't believe the numbers until I can pick one up on the shelves.

Wangster

Stumpjumper5200 said:
How many people here are actually bothered by having to plug their video card in? Sure efficiency is great, but performance comes first. I think having a card like a 9700Pro/9800Pro or this NV35 is worth the extra 10 seconds to plug the card into your power supply. :D

It's not that it's a HUGE PAIN to plug it in, of course. :rolleyes:

It's also only a modest wish that I have for future products. The main problem is that it creates extra wiring (which sucks IMO) and that extra power consumption usually means extra heat produced- in turn forcing loud and bulky coolers. Noise is bothersome to me, and I'm actually also using PCI slot 1- I have my watercooling system installed in a smallish case and the pump takes up some room.

More is better and efficiency falls under "more" as well, in my view.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
Whats the reason for it taking up another pci slot? Maybe i cant tell in the picture but how big is that cooling system?:confused:

The heatsink looks pretty tall to me. About two or three times as tall as the conventional video card heatsink.

Any word on when this will actually be released to the general public?

Is it suposed to be the NV35? I would believe it if that was the case.

Well, except for the fact that the plate still takes 2 slots when there is no need for it on that card since there is no dustbuster exhaust. I'd say it fake.

Wangster said:
It might be a leftover mental block from the 3dfx designers.

Well, some 3Dfx engineers went to ATi, and some nVidia engineers went to ATi also...so that cant be it :)

OC Noob said:
Originally posted by Stumppumper

It doesn't matter what username you make up to hide behind. They can just ban your IP address.

I don't get it, who's doing what and for what purpose??

What the heck is "Stumpjumper is a Rumppumper!!" supposed to mean and what is it in reference to?????

Back