• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gemini W/B installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
I tried wracking my brain for a few long moments, and came to no definite way on how to install a Gemini block with the parts provided.

Could some enlightened previous Gemini customer please post pics or a description on how you installed your block? The more the merrier.

um i'm told that you take the 4 standoffs, install them in the motherboard then put the waterblock on and put the 4 smaller screws thru that with the springs between the screws and the waterblock. then tighten the screws in a zig zag pattern till there is 1/4" of spring or till the screw hits the standoff bottom. there is a thru board method but i broke my long screws....gonna test it out tonight when i get my pump. heres a diagram:

wuzzapiman said:
um i'm told that you take the 4 standoffs, install them in the motherboard then put the waterblock on and put the 4 smaller screws thru that with the springs between the screws and the waterblock. then tighten the screws in a zig zag pattern till there is 1/4" of spring or till the screw hits the standoff bottom. there is a thru board method but i broke my long screws....gonna test it out tonight when i get my pump. heres a diagram:

But the standoffs are weak little things. If you look, they only have a tinsy little prong to keep themselves in! I don't want to mount my block that flimsily.

The best way I figured out was to take the long screws and put them through the back of the mobo (so the bare threaded ends points up through the mobo and the head of the screw is behind the mobo when mounted), then put the block over the screws, then a nylon washer, then a spring, then a wingnut.

But the flaw with that is the wingnuts are so tight, you can't get them off the main bolts without the high possibility of twisting the main bolt in half! The wingnuts screw in pretty easily, but they do NOT want to come off!

So does anyone else have any more ideas?

Thats how i broke mine

I stuck a standoff in my old (shot) mobo, put about 50Lbs of upward pressure on it and it wouldnt budge

Ok i mounted it and it wont come out---just make sure that you make everything even and dont tighten 1 screw then the other.

It doesnt move at all either

I suggest you get your own real harddware for those.. springs and bolts and nuts etc..

i have gotten it good and snug by putting the lugs in the mb holes and then running a insulated paper clip through the oepning and this prevent spinning and makes it tighter.

like wise there are two different kinds of mb holes - one of which is too big for the use of there lugs....

mine works with the supplied hw.

dew.

Back