• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gemini waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eclypsyr

I am looking to get a gemini waterblock when I start watercooling soon, but I am a little shy to the non-metal top...only because I have heard a lot of people b**** and moan about how they break easily. Now I am not aware of gemini spiral blocks with metal tops, so if there are these available, would someone let me know, and possibly link me to it...otherwise, what kind of reassurance can I get for this waterblock.

(also, if you have a better option for a waterblock, my ears are open)
-Dae-

JokerF15

I wouldn't be afraid of the Gemini Poly top, I've been using it FOREVER, and well It's DAMN hard to break. The new rev 2's have new measures to prevent polycarbonate cracking...

But if you really want to wait, Gemini is coming out with a Alu topped version...

-JokerF15

OP
E

Eclypsyr

I think I am going to start ordering tonight, so I think I will just go with the poly top....you think its a good block? I read the waterblock roundup on overclockers and it did awesome, and its not expensive...I was thinking of going with the high flow model

also, I am getting a heatercore+shroud from DTEK, ClearFLEX 1/2 tubing, Maxi-Jet 1200, and just using a t-line and run pump inline...sound like a good setup? just thought I'd ask while this thread is open :D
any thoughts are appreciated
-Dae-

*edit* also going to have an evercool chrome/aluminum 120mm fan on heatercore *edit*

JokerF15

Yup, the Gemini Blocks are AWESOME performers. They are the best 3/8'' block out on the market, and they can hold their own vs MANY of the 1/2'' setups.

I can't see anything wrong with that setup, down to the fan =D, awesome fan btw.

-JokerF15

OP
E

Eclypsyr

I was just thinking, on the waterblock roundup, the high flow and standard flow ended up getting the same C/W...is there any real advantages for going 1/2 or 3/8 on this setup?

Overbrazil

JokerF15 said:
Yup, the Gemini Blocks are AWESOME performers. They are the best 3/8'' block out on the market, and they can hold their own vs MANY of the 1/2'' setups.

I can't see anything wrong with that setup, down to the fan =D, awesome fan btw.

-JokerF15
agree. Gemini is a wonderful block.:D