• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

General Advise needed. P4 [email protected] on a DFI INFINITY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newman_SCO

Hello!,

Wonder if you can give me some advice.

My system is very happy of going from 2.80 to 3.30. With only changing the FSB. (from PC2700/333 to 394)

What do u reckon my max overclocking capablility is? taking in to account my temperature readings below. And I have attached a screenshot from speedfan of the temp changes when playing UT2003 for 60 seconds. The red crosses indicate starting then stopping. It's to give u an idea.

If I pump it up to high and the system shutsdown. Would that damage the processor? I'm sorry.. But I'am the paranoid type

My setup:

P4 2.8 with 533FSB
2X256mb Dual Channel (budget Pc World 333's)
DFI Infinity Rev B Motherboard
Hauppauge tv card/5.1 soundblaster/1 extra firewire card..
Radeon 9000 Pro OC'ked
3X80mm fans. 1 intake/2 output
Bog standard Intel Heatsink and fan

CPU temp idle @ 2.8 = 39.5/40 degrees
CPU Full load @ 2.8 = 50-53 degrees
Internal temp according to coolermaster musketer = 30 degrees

Note the screenshot attached is from running at 3.30

Many Thanks for any responses

Attachments

• SPEEDFANGRAPH.JPG
    SPEEDFANGRAPH.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 53
OP
Newman_SCO

Newman_SCO

Ahhh

Tony Hawks 4 for 5 minutes. Time for a new heatsink/fan?

see attached

Attachments

• SPEEDFANUPDATE.JPG
    SPEEDFANUPDATE.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 52

David

Forums Super Moderator
I am sure ~60C is far too high for a Pentium 4. I would suggest looking into a new CPU cooler and working on the airflow in your case.]

I wouldn't push it further until you can bring load temps down by 5-10C.

Btw, welcome to the forums :)

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
These would be better choices for a HS, IMO..:) The fan selection at that site..well there is no selection..:(
"We would rather explain the price of quality than to have to apoligize for something less".
You'll need a neo back plate to go with the SP-94 HS...At least thats my recommendation..I know it's higher than your budget..Just trying to save you money and grief in the long run..You'll still need a fan for the SP-94..This place doesn't have anything in that catagory..:burn::)

CLICK HERE