• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Generic 160GB 8MB IDE for $80 @ CompUSA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiyoshilionz

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=300018&pfp=SEARCH

This is an INSTANT REBATE, no mail-in rebates here. Only bad thing is that it's a generic drive, so no guarantees on how it will perform. :-/ Also it looks like they're out of stock online so you'll have to hope they have one in the store.

But $80 for 160GB and an 8MB cache and no mail in rebates, it's a sweet deal if you can find one at your local store.

AK50

In the compusa ad I got from the newspaper it says it's a Maxtor 160gb hd. The Model number L01P160 is the same drive's staples and BB have. Im gonna see if I can get a PM at BB and use my giftcard from xmas I still got.

Pinky

Its been my experience as well that 'generic' compusa drives are Maxtors.

Online says there's still some available at my local store...

Drec

hmm thats a good deal..even better if it is a maxtor...you get a year warrenty on it..so it cant be a complete ****ter.

pummer

Anyone have experience with Maxtor 160s? I've heard a few bad things. Maybe I'll take my WD 160 that's now my slave and make that the master, and get this for my slave

Maxvla

i have 2 of these drives and no problems in the couple months i've had them.

pummer

greenman100 said:
to make hotter:

go to staples

$140
-$66 pricematch
-$15 coupon

=$61+tax, no rebates.

YMMV, though. tough to get a pricematch and a coupon. good luck.
what's the coupon code?

pummer

greenman100 said:
are you kidding me

GOOGLE
:eek:

i tried my usual site for staples coupons and they didn't have it. i tried slickdeals, nothing. i googled, couldn't find it. help a brother out

drenader

They are maxtor drieves. Come in the maxtor retail box, not sure why the site says generic. I have one of these drives and have no problems with it.

bigsoomo

ah poop, online it says theyre there but all gone at the store!? i might prepay and have em call me when theyre in stock, kinda odd they dont do rain checks

pummer

Well, since my CompUSSR was out of stock, I called up my best pals Staples, and got them to pricematch the deal. Total cost, including tax and shipping, was $80.10. Forget putting this in my computer - I'm gonna use it for my PS2 :)