• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Genomes available atm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoadWarrior

Had a networked rig (the kids machine) not folding, so I thought it was about damn time it was, but it's a very floating point challenged Cyrix MII so I tried to get it doing genome work, but it's had nothing all day, my other two folders got work today. So I was wondering if they're still issuing genome units or not???

BTW, managed to optimise some settings on one of the K6-2s and got nearly a 20% speed boost :burn:

I forgot I detuned stuff on it in the face of 40C ambients. (lax mem timing, CXT optimisations turned off) Optimised it all again and my frame times dropped 20%. Kinda more than I was expecting really, the benchmarked difference was only like 4 or 5% maybe in Sandra.
Road Warrior

Gnerma

Cool Roadwarrior, I don't know about Genome units. Is getwork just failing? Are you using the [email protected] client or the .99 genome client?

Anyway on the subject of memory timings (anyone who knows plz answer) I have a stick of samsung original PC2700 CL 2.5 Running @ 166 would this memory run the most aggressive timings okay? Is it a stick by stick thing?

OP
RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior

Installed the [email protected] client, latest rlease version from Stanford, and in options set preferred project to [email protected], went back to it later in the day and it's log was full of "getwork failed" statements. So until I found out whether there should be some genome units around or not, I thought I'd just stick it back on no preference and see if it could struggle it's way through a protein or two.

Although reviewers were claiming 200Mhz at aggressive timings for Samsung CTL when burned in, most people aren't quite getting that (being not burned in quite as well is a maybe) but they're usually managing up to 180-190 on aggressive timings, and the reviewers top speeds of 220 or so on lax timings seem to be very common. So maybe the reviewers were more thorough with burn in, or had cherry picked samples, but the lax timing speeds these sticks get seem to be pretty much the same on everyones. Mine gets up to 187 on aggressive timing (150 fsb with the 5/4 DDR divider) seems to get better scores with a 167 fsb synch with fsb on aggresive timings than at 5/4 (approx 209) with lax timings.

Road Warrior

Gnerma

RoadWarrior said:
Although reviewers were claiming 200Mhz at aggressive timings for Samsung CTL when burned in, most people aren't quite getting that (being not burned in quite as well is a maybe) but they're usually managing up to 180-190 on aggressive timings, and the reviewers top speeds of 220 or so on lax timings seem to be very common. So maybe the reviewers were more thorough with burn in, or had cherry picked samples, but the lax timing speeds these sticks get seem to be pretty much the same on everyones. Mine gets up to 187 on aggressive timing (150 fsb with the 5/4 DDR divider) seems to get better scores with a 167 fsb synch with fsb on aggresive timings than at 5/4 (approx 209) with lax timings.

I'll take that as a yes :D Thx Road Warrior.

OP
RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior

Heh, sorry, I just meant to say yes really :D

So, it finished it's first genome WU but I can't find the points anywhere, I'm using the [email protected] graphical client. My username is RoadWarrior(www.overclockers.com) which the gemone site doesn't recognise and it doesn't seem to have counted on my folding score. So erm, where did the points go? or do they take a while to show sometimes?

Road Warrior